Part 15, The Gathering

Sorry this one took long to upload :(( thank you for being patient :3
Also, Comment down your favorite Part from this fanfic it'd be awesome :3

I was the first one here. I was settled down. Waiting.

Every second of lingering, picks up my heart beat. I strongly didn't want to make any wrong statement or make a foul move. This one's risky. If it had been another glader, it would've been a lot easier, on me at least.

I just wanted to get this over with, but maybe all I wanted is just for things to be the way it used to be. It felt anonymous.

After for what had been an hour, Newt showed up wiping his sweat off his shinning forehead. "Hi, didn't see you there," Newt took his seat.
"How's the run today?"
"Well Minho, lemme just tell you, today a new section opened up," Newt smiled like an idiot, "Crazy but true,"
"Dang, I can't believe I missed that! But good to know tho," I joined him smiling.

Newt's smile started to wear out when he finally spoke again, "Tonight's ain't gonna be pretty, isn't it?"
"I guess not," I said faintly.

Over the next minute, the keepers started to fill in their seats. Everybody was now present, except for Alby and Paula.

Conversations starts to fill in the room. I stayed silent. I didn't want anyone to start a pity party around me.

The door cracked open. I could hear Alby whisper something. A figure entered the room right behind him. I didn't dare to look because it was pretty obvious who it was. Both of them took their spots.

It took awhile for everyone to completely shut up. "Alright let's start this," Newt stood up from his chair.

"So we're all here today to decide Paula's fate," Alby stood up and started walking up next to Newt, "As we all know, not long ago she was stung, went to the changing, got some of her memories back......."

"Alby I think we all get it, can we just jump to conclusions?" Winston sounded bored, as if this meant nothing to him.

"Basically her actions lately had been peculiar and as what she had said, she had no realization towards it........"
"You mean controlled?" It was Zart now.
"Somewhat, yeah," Newt addressed.

Whispers now flew around the room. As the whispers grew louder, I was somehow desperate. Desperate to see her. I lift my head up and immediately had my eyes locked on her.

She was seated gracefully. Feet tucked together and her hands on her lap. Her head buried. You could almost feel her heart rendering. She motion her hand towards her face and wiped a tear.

Winston started first, he stood up and began, "Well I say we give the girl a break. I mean she has no idea who's doing this to her, so I say just let her be man,"

Zart was up next. He had no idea what to say so he got up agreeing with Winston. Then it was Clint's turn. He said some medical logic that I didn't quite grasp but he suggested that somebody keeps an eye on her at all times to see any sudden behavioral changes.

Without anyone's order, Frypan got up and started suggesting. I lost my interest in this whole thing and laid my eyes on her. Again.

She was looking directly at Frypan. I couldn't help but notice her under eye. It was so dark and bruised. What could've happened to her?

"Alright thank you Fry, Kaya you're up," I now had all my attention on Kaya. Kaya took a glance at me and I nodded at her.

"Fine, I think that we need to have Paula talk. This is out of our reach and the person closest to knowing what's going on is Paula herself, I say we let her expose her mind," Kaya sat back down.

"Thank you Kay, Last one up......" Alby lowered his voice and gave me a worried look. "Minho, whenever you're ready....."

I immediately got off my seat. "I got this," I brushed my hands together. I was nervous. My brain is whirling around. I couldn't get myself to say something. All that came out was just a bunch of "uhmm's" and "ahhh's". I took a deep breathe and opened my mouth.

"No wait!"

The alarming voice came from Paula. She was now standing tall. Scanning around the room. Her expression was insignificant. "I apologize. I know I'm not suppose to say anything.... But I got a suggestion for myself....."

Alby looked astounded, "Well go on then...."

"Throw me in the slammer," She sounded cold. She wished for a punishment which no one would ever suggest. "I deserve it. Please...."

"Paula, no...." I sounded like a shank.

"Are you sure about this ms?" Alby waited for her to take back her words but she shook her head.

I was left in disbelief.

"I truly deserve it. I am now a threat. I'm dangerous. I can't even cop up with myself," Her words hurt me like a dagger straight to my chest.

"One night in the slammer. Not more. That's my suggestion," those words slipped out of my mouth fast.

Alby and Newt nodded. "Alright we appreciate all your suggestion but starting tomorrow, you'll spend a day in the slammer," Newt was now facing Paula. "And while you're there, we'll have to interrogate and watch you around. Decisions made. You shucks are now dismissed,"

Everyone was on their heels heading straight off for the door. I was still glued to my seat. "You're not going man?" Newt reached out.
"I'll be out soon, just gimme a second,"
"Alright whatever you say, what about you Paula? You done here?" Newt approached Paula.
"Yeah, after you...."

The three of them marched their way out. Paula shot a glance at me as she exited but averted it immediately.

I was now all alone again. I could hear myself breathe. It felt relieving.