Part 24 Lay with me

"What happened there!?"

Newt's face was right in front of me.

I opened my mouth a couple times but fail to say anything because I was way too played out.

"Newt.... Please.... Just calm... I'm okay.... A griever chased me down... That's all... I'm alright,"

"Okay you said? Yeah right,"

I was back in the infirmary. Again. What a surprise.

"Newt please get me out of here?"

"Whad'ya say? Heck no. You're staying in,"

Frankly, I didn't feel that bad anymore. I was only left with tiny aches and drowsiness.

Newt shoved another spoonful of stew up my mouth. I felt like a baby. I told him that I didn't acquire any treatment but he insisted.

"Now you're all good shank," he patted my head.

The door cracked open and Paula entered. Finally.

"Sorry to distract you two, but I just came to check in,"

"Well firstly, your baby has been a good boy. In fact, he finished his food, didn't ya Minho?" Newt teased.

Paula decided to play along and had her hands in her chest like a proud mother. "That's my baby, I'm so proud of you son,"

They both laughed.

"Not funny you two,"

"We're just playing with ya," Newt went for the door and said, "well imma leave you two alone then, g'night,"

I watched Newt as he exited. Paula was now right beside me and my hand was around her waistline. She rested her hand on my shoulders and joked, "This is what it feels like to be taller than you,"

"Hey I'm sitting, you're standing, it ain't fair," I snorted.

She leaned down and pecked my lips.

"You okay keeper?"

"I am. I promise,"

She pecked my lips again.

"Well I was pretty worried ya know," she blurted out in a flash.

"Of course you are, how can you not be?" I can't help but throw a little sass saying that.

I was playing back the memories of the chase. Trying to remember every single detail. The freshest thing I could grasp was when I first spotted the beast. Section 5. Then I tried recovering how it started chasing me down.

"Paula, get me paper and pencil,"

She slapped my back, "Excuse me?!"

"I'm sorry, that hurts.... Lemme rewind that, Paula, Babe, Can you please get me paper and pencil? I really need it, please?"

Her frown turned to a smile and she finally agreed to, "Alright, I'll go get it,"

She jogged out.

A couple of minutes later, she came back with the stuff. I took it and thanked her. I started sketching and writing down notes.

"Alright, here ya go," I handed over the notes.

"What's this?" She scanned the paper front to back, "Is this what happened back there?"

I nodded.

"Wow,"

"I know and honey, can you please pass the notes to the runners if possible?"

"Are you kidding me? You're already giving it to one,"

I didn't quite get what she meant. But then I remembered that she was also a runner.

"Right..." I couldn't argue with her on that one.

"You know maybe if I don't do anything insane tomorrow, you could maybe take me back running?" 

My mouth was zip locked. I was scared to death that if she ran again, something bad will drop again. Not that I'm jinxing it, but I can't help but feel that way.

She snap her fingers in front of my eyes, "hey, you there?"

"Yeah I am, it's just that.... Well... you know..."

"I get it, you're worried, but please don't hold on that grudge for too long,"

"Yeah sure, I'll try," I took her hand and gave her a smile just to brighten things up, "and Paula, will you please stay the night with me here?"

She nodded.

I shifted to give her some space. She took her shoes off and hopped on next to me.

Her gentle hand rested on my chest. I secured her with my arms around her shoulders and we both just laid there.

I kissed her head before eventually falling asleep.

•   •   •   •   •   •

A very Happy New year to all of you!

I can't thank you enough for all the reads and votes this story have gotten. You guys are so supportive and awesome.

I hope the new year will be more radical and exciting :D

Once again, thank you for an awesome 2014 and I love yaa all shucks :3