Part 41, Giving In

The orders are gone. What's left is chaos and misery. The night felt like days. These things weren't as intense as the Grievers yet it had managed to knock most of us out. I have been spotting people hiding down the slammer and up the trees. The rest of us has been out here fighting a pointless fight.

Once we've managed to kill one, more spawns. On that note, it was impossible to take their mask off and bare them. I'm positive that those things are living, it's impossible to say they're just machines. They're structured like us. It's their costume that makes them machines.

Desperation has grown upon me. I can't take this any longer. The victims on the ground are numerous and I can't save them. There were debris on the ground alongside some bodies. I took a good look at the masked creature I've just knocked out and kicked the living shuck out of its mask. I exhaled and smacked back at it, unable to control my anger. Without my notice, blood started dripping on the frame of its mask. I lifted myself up and walked away from it. I wasn't destroying it, I was destroying myself.

"Minho," Winston tugged on my sleeve, "people are going missing.... Girls especially.... Girls are disappearing..."

"Girls.... That's what they're here for... But why girls?" I concernedly answered, "I gotta find Paula,"

I ran towards the woods, guessing that Paula might be there. Paula's thoughts and dreams from previous nights was true. Those were warning signs that I have ignored and assumed was false but how is it even possible? No one has ever entered this place through anywhere except the box. The maze doors are shut the whole entire time! There's no way they could've just spawned, unless there's another way into the Glade that I haven't yet seek. That place might be the answer to our escape out of here and maybe we were never supposed to solve the maze. These thoughts were far too over whelming but it could both end this chaos and get us all out of here.

"Paula! Paula!" I screamed my lungs out.

Just then I felt an impact on the back of my head swinging my body down on the ground. As I hit my head on the grass, the crutiating pain burning my head, beating it like a drum. My eyes was shut closed as I tried to move back up. Another hit swatted on my forehead, this time it felt sharp and cold. It's metal, I thought.

I opened my eyes trying to fight back the pain. Chills ran through my body, seeing the figure right on top of me. It took another hit on my cheeks as my head fell back, hitting the ground. How could this be? I've seen her before. She was the women  in my dreams. I felt a hit on my gut, making me so nauseous and sick. I tasted blood coming out of my mouth. I crouched to my left, spitting the blood out. My body felt unbearable. The pain was gruesome and breathing became so hard. How could a women like her do such thing? What have I ever done to her?

"Doze him off... He'll be hard to handle once he's up. Do we have everyone yet?" She sounded so stern.
"No ma'am, three more to go," a robot voice.

For a moment, I forgot about the pain and picked my body up, charging at the women. I held on her shoulder, smoldering blood on her white vest. I took a close look at her mortified face and I was hit back to the ground.

Ava..... Ava Paige....

The name echoed through my mind as fume vapors on my face. Is she her? Ava? Is that her? The smell of copper and thick chemicals pierced my noise. All I see was fume and the noises of foot steps herding away from me. I felt my body being dragged. It was bliss. I couldn't hear noises nor have the intentions to fight back. I have given myself up to them. 

• • • • • • • • • • •
IM BACK!!! I know it's been way too long and I am incredibly sorry for that  :( I just needed some fresh ideas to finish off the story and that's what I am doing now :) thank you for being patient with me and for your constant support. I hope you guys enjoyed this part!