Part 14, What Came After

A bright light shone above me. I brought my hand up to cover my eyes. I could hear murmurs around. I got up to a sitting position and looked at my surroundings.

All the keepers were surrounding the place. I could also spot Gally behind Winston, almost hiding.

"You okay buddy?"

I jumped a little as I heard Alby from beside me.

"Sorry there man. Must've scared you," Alby grab hold of my shoulders.
"I'm.... okay... I guess? Where am I?"
I scratched the back of my head.
"Infirmary," Alby informed.
"Wha... What happened?"
"Well let's just say gally here found you lying on the ground not far from the homestead, screamed for help then here you are now,"

I turned to face Gally. "You know I thought you were dead at that moment," Gally was now talking making his way In front of Winston. I smirked and thank'ed him.

"Alright then, the man's up. Everybody back to work," It was a girl's voice this time. I could spot Kaya by the door gesturing everyone to leave. They said things like "get well soon" before leaving.

I was now left with both Alby and Kaya. "So you sure you okay man? Pretty rough night wasn't it?" Kaya walked towards me and sat on the side of where my leg was laid. I looked down and nodded. "Don't worry too much about it, what happened last night was not her doing. She sweared on it," Kaya sounded convincing that I had no choice but to believe her.

"Where is she now?" I let out a sigh. It felt heavy to say this.

They both exchanged perplexed looks. "We don't know,"
"WHAT?!"
"No that's not what we meant! She's around the glade somewhere, geez chill shuck," Kaya was extinguishing the tension that I had.

"Sorry, this, I mean everything is getting on my nerves. I just can't," I folded my arms and swallowed. "I mean nothing make sense anymore. From the carvings to the knife scene,"

"We gotta find a way to put these scenes away from anyone's concern before the whole glade burst," Alby stood tall. Kaya got to her feet, gesturing for Alby to leave.

"Well then we'll held a gathering tonight and see what we can do," Before leaving, both of them bid their good bye's.

I was finally left alone. I slid my body down and rested my head on the pillow.

I felt like a shank just lying down, not doing anything. But my intentions told me, it's better to stay here.

Suddenly the thought of the gathering tonight crept into my brain. The idea of deciding Paula's faith left a scar on me. I would do anything to get her safe. Whatever it takes. No one shall intend to harm her. No chance.