Part 12, Confound Carvings

OMG 1k READS! WHAT EVEN THIS IS CRAYYYYYYYY! THANK YOU SO MUCH! IM SHAKING RN! I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!

I was greeted by Alby as I arrived back in the glade. "Welcome back Runner,"
"Thanks man, oh yeah you were about to tell me something isn't it?"
Alby had open his mouth to speak when he was interrupted by a voice calling me out. It turned out to be Newt reminding me to report to the map room. "Alright then after the map room, you come find me get it?"
I nodded and ran to the map room.

After map room duties, I spotted Alby standing with his arms crossed. Our eyes met and I approached him. "Finally everything's done, I'm all yours."
"Good that." Alby smiled and lead me to the woods.

The woods was dark. It took quite a while for my eyes to adjust. Alby was now gesturing me to look at a tree. I squinted to see there were carvings on the tree. I took a step closer and saw that the carvings wrote "WE ARE WATCHING -WCKD"

My eyes couldn't believe what I'm seeing. "Who's watching? Someone's joke probably?"
"I don't know and no," Alby look overwhelmed by this and worries flew around his face.

I took another look. What could this mean? "Did the creators decided to pop this in here?"

It was clear to see that it couldn't be a prank or some kind of joke played by any of us. It had to be someone from outside.

Alby was now silent and still. It worries me that I have a feeling Alby knows who did this. "Alby, man if you know something, spill it out. I'm pretty shucking scared right now,"
Alby turned towards me. His face was now covered with worries. He shuddered as he finally opened up, "It's not the creator's doing...... it's....."

Alby took a breath and finally with all his guts he leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "It's...... your girlfriend.....It's Paula....."

He stepped away from me. Scared on what my reaction is going to be. "Look man I don't know why or how but yesterday when you both were walking towards the homestead, you actually bid each other good bye's......"
"And then?!" Somehow my rage grew. I was annoyed.
"Then you both separated. You went to your hammock...... But..... But Paula she ran off to the woods....."
Alby was now shivering. He took a moment and continued. "I.... I followed her here..... I hid behind those bushes back there and watched her..... She took out a knife from behind her shirt and started carving....."

I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this. I don't even know why.

The changing, I remembered know. Something must have come back to her. Probably she had memories from before about this.

"Minho? You still with me or what?"
"Sorry man just a bit concerned...."
"You should be.... Something's not right. After carving, she looked around and ran back to the homestead. As she left, I looked and saw this here. That's all I know man.... I'm sorry,"

It didn't make any sense to me anymore. I had to find her. Talk to her.

"Man I gotta find her. Now,"

I ran away from him when he shouted to me, "Be careful man! Don't push her,"

I continued running. Leaving Alby to himself. I gotta find her. No exception.