Part 36, Adam

Guys, i don't know how to put this in words but THANK YOU, like A HUMUNGOUS THANK YOU, no more like a MEGA THANK YOU for getting us 1K VOTES! This is so unreal! I can't believe a thousand of you actually enjoys this! Big big Thank you! And as always I love you all and I can't thank you enough! :3

People say when you've settled in a place for so long, you would feel like you're home but It felt wrong to consider this my home. I felt imprisoned. What if we were actually in prison? What if the whole point of the maze was never to find a way out?

The crowd circling the maze walls has dismissed in grief. Tears were shed. It felt as if dark clouds were surrounding us and the positivity of this place was drained. I placed my hand on the maze door, hoping for it to open at least for a minute. A minute, that's all he needed.

I turned to see a girl crying on her knees. It was Natalia the cook. Natalia and Adam shared a bond but i never thought that it was close. I approached her. Her cries sounded so loud, it made me feel so devastated. "Hey," I slowly touched her shoulders.

She tried to dry off her tears but she only cried even more when she saw my face. "I'm sorry," I wasn't sure wether to get up or to stay but all I know whatever I chose to do, it won't change the fact that Adam's gone.

"Minho wait," she stutters.
I straightly gave all my attention to her. I kneeled before her as I gave her a hand. The color from her face was washed away by her tears. Her under eyes spoke more pain than words can ever describe. She took my hand and I helped her up. I teared up a bit knowing that there was nothing I could do. He belongs to the maze now.

"Hey listen, if you need anything we're all here for you,"
"Thanks Minho, I just need some time,"
I pulled her into a hug and she was off to the homestead. I looked around and I see the walls surrounding us. I feel fury running through my veins. I swear when I get out of here, I will make them pay.

• • • • • • • • • • •
"We've lost a fellow runner and a family member. Adam's death will leave a scar on us but that does not mean we stop fighting. He will be missed," Alby announced.

We all bowed down our heads and prayed for the ones we've lost and for this dark day to pass by. After dinner was served, we ended the day early.

"Hey.. It's time," Newt stated.

We walked with torches in our hands to guide us through the dark. The wall of names. It was a sacred wall, it symbolizes the life's who has come and gone. I watched as Alby carefully scratches out 'Adam'. I lowered my head. "Another member lost. The maze and him are one now," Alby faces us all in sorrow.

I headed back to the homestead hoping this day would just pass by faster. I spotted Paula calming Nat down. We made contact and she went over to me. "Hey, you alright?" I held her hands.
She shook her head. "It just feels so unreal. Back in the maze he told me that he's found something that he was so excited about and now he's just gone,"
I bear hugged her as she slowly breaks down. I tried to stay strong for her but it felt so impossible that I started to tear up.