Part 18 Little Talks

That night I could barely sleep. I kept waking up in between times. Now here I am wide awake. Waiting for the shucking clock to hurry up.

Around me, everyone was still dead. Snoring or changing sleeping positions every now and then.

The time finally indicated that it was about 5.30 a.m. which means I could start getting ready, escort Paula and get this over with.

It was funny how I didn't have any trouble planning that out on my head.

The air was cold. It was so foggy too.

I ran towards the girl's territory to get Paula. I had to be perfectly quiet or else the screams will start.

I spotted her on her hammock. Still asleep.

As I approached her, my nerves starts cracking. It was not that easy.

She was right there and all I had to do was wake her up but she has something that always gets me nervous all the damn time.

I took a deep breathe and shook her shoulders. She slightly moved and grunts. Her eyes faintly opened up. She eyed me for a while. She got up eventually and scratched her eyes, "Minho? Am I dreaming or what?"
"Uhhh no actually it's me.... I'm here to get you,"
She tilted her head towards her shoulder, thinking. "Get me? You mean throw me in the slammer?"
"Uhmmmm yeah... sorry but yeah..."
Her feet touched the ground and she was now on her feet. She put her shoes on. "Alright I'm all set, throw me in," She slightly smiled as if nothing mattered.

We walked in silence. I stayed behind her back the whole time. I didn't know what to do nor say.

It was sad because it used to be so natural, now it's just hard.

"Well here we are," I took a key from my pocket and started to unlock.

I cracked the door open and made way for her.

She ducked down and travelled down the baby steps. I shut the door behind her.

"I'll get you something for breakfast, I'll be right back,"
"No, you don't have to..."
"But I want to,"
"Still the same Minho huh?" She moved closer towards the door.

I squatted down and sat by the door. "Paula..."
She held on to the doors. I placed my hand to aligned hers. Her smile disappeared. She looked down and said, "I'm sorry things hadn't been so great....."
"Don't be,"
"It feels like someone has been messing with my head... Making me do weird things.... Act differently... Go insane... It's been tiring..."

Our eyes met. I had finally remembered the girl I loved. She was right there.

"And how about you? How've you been? And no sugar coating anything, just tell me,"

"I'll just say I hadn't been so great...."

I wanted to tell her everything. I wanted her to know how emotionally exhausted I am and how I hated being away from her, getting hurt, just constantly waiting and how things just keeps going downhill but she wasn't ready for that.

I now had my arms on my knees. I looked around to see people starting to get up.

"Anyways," I turned my attention back to her, "I'll be back with your breakfast,"

I got up quickly and ran.

• • • • • • • • • • • •
Sorry if this one's not as good, more stuff will be coming soon :))

If you don't mind, check out my tumblr it's nightchevalier.tumblr.com

Love ya guys :3