Part 25 Remember Me

We were both hand in hand. Facing a figure in front of us. I could feel her hands shivering. She was scared and so was I.

"The trials will begin soon, I assume that you are prepared?" the voice came from the figure.

"Yes, yes I am," I sounded so blank.

Around us was pitch black. I couldn't even see the face of the figure.

"Well then, let's begin the swipe," the figure moved forward. Sharing the light over us. She was wearing all white with her hair pulled back in a bun. She was a middle aged women.

The girl beside me squeezed my hand tighter. She had hair that fell over her shoulders tied in a half do. Her blue eyes crystals in tears. Even though she looked very familiar, I couldn't quite grasp who she was.

"Hey, it's okay... We'll see each other again, I promise," I was comforting her.

I pulled her into a hug.

"Are you all set now?" the women's voice turned cold somehow.

I let go of her and moved towards the women. Before moving away from the light, the girl cried out her last words to me, "Please remember me,"

I didn't say a word. I just kept walking forward following the women. Trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness.

I glanced back but all I saw was darkness. The girl and the light were gone. I was now walking blindly, following the sound of the women's footstep ahead of me.

"Please remember me,"

I woke aghast.

I first spotted Paula still asleep beside me. I got up into a sitting position, realizing I was still in the infirmary. I took deep breaths and swiped off my sweat.

It was just a dream.

I tried replaying the scenes but every time I do, the images blurs out and I start forgetting some details but what I couldn't shake off was what the girl last said to me. It felt important to me.

This dream is starting to feel like a memory instead of a dream.

It felt surreal. I knew that place. I knew the women and I knew the girl but I don't.

I didn't know how to react or explain this. Am I starting to remember things?

I stared at Paula. I was somehow trying to find prove that the girl in my dreams was her but there was nothing familiar.

Somehow I felt guilt crawling inside of me. I made a promise to this girl that we would see each other again, but who could she be? Is she someone in the midst of other gladers?

I didn't want my past to interfere with I have right now. This was all so vague.

• • • • •

Thank you guys so much for reading and voting :3
Make sure you leave a comment or any suggestions and I'll be sure to check it out :))

If you'd like to check out
My tumblr: nightchevalier.tumblr.com