Notes

"Stop! Stop!" I giggle as James tickles me on the couch in the common room. He mirrors my wide smile, "Give me the astronomy notes, if you know what's good for you!"

I shake my head and he continues his evil tickles. Sirius mumbles as he passes the couch on the way to lunch, "Just get a room you two."

As James tickles me he reaches over and takes my notes. His runs with them to the other side of the room. I follow him, trying to hide the smile growing from inside my chest. His stupid teasing always makes me laugh, even when I am the victim.

He waves them over my head, where I can't reach. He laughs as I scream, "Potter! Give it back!"

"I will trade you Evans," he offers with a devilish grin. "You can get your notes back if you kiss me."

He darts around the room as I start chasing him, but my breath gets heavy with each taunt and tease. He stops after he runs one more time to the other side of the room, next to the stained glass windows of the cozy tower. The midday sun glows on his features, testing my patience for his natural beauty.

I yell, "Fine! Fine! But only on the cheek, Potter."

I've never kissed anyone. Mostly because all of the boys I like are chased away by Potter because he is constantly flirting with me. There was a crush once, a hope, but he never even noticed long enough to be bothered by Potter.

I hesitate for a second, he is closing his eyes, his lips slightly separated, ready, just in case, I kiss him on the lips. Finally, I go on my tip toes and intend to just give him a peck on the cheek, because if any boy is going to kiss me, they better buy me sweets first.

But he turns his face with an evil smile and I kiss him on the lips, accidentally, of course.

When our lips touch it is like an insanely different feeling than I thought it would be.

It is good.

And soon enough he has dropped the notes and has me in his arms as I explore this kissing thing.

I barely hear Mary whisper to Frank, "See I told you they are in love."