Birthdays and Betrayals

Lily spreads the papers across the floor next her bed. She takes lavender pen and writes notes in the margins of the plans. It'll be a hard process of hiding this from James but he will love it in the end.

A mischievous smile is on Lily's face. This will work out great. Sadly with the plan she will have to be secretive and not speak to the birthday-boy as much as normal.

○●○

"Why are you so glum, Jamesiepoo?" Remus asks. James transfers his head to the other hand. Sirius answers for him, "It's because he hasn't talked to Lily for two days."

It was a light chit chat conversation before Remus saw the sadness and loss of energy in James' eyes. He asks, his voice deeper then normal, "Do you think she is cheating on me?"

The very idea was proposturous. His friends looked at him like he is crazy. James continues, "She has been distant for weeks. She is always sneaking around."

Remus claps a hand on his back, "You're crazy."

●○●

'It's my birthday and she won't even speak to me!' James thought as he sulks outside. It a warm summer night. He is sitting on the quidditch field. In his dreams Lily and him would make passionate love on his birthday. That's obviously not happening.

The sun is just setting over the stands. Someone taps him on the shoulder. He turns to the person, about to tell them to piss off. Instead they kiss him. It's Lily. He almost forgot her distinct perfume.

He tears away from the kiss. Tears form in his eyes. "Is it my time now? Did you get bored of him?" He hisses. Lily looks at him and puts a hand on his shoulder. She asks, "What are you talking about, babe?"

He looks at her with hatred, a look she had never seen from him before, "You could've just broken up with me! You didn't have to string me along and play with me." She is apalled. She asks, "Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about."

"I know you have been cheating on me!" His voice breaks when he reveals what she has been doing. Lily contradicts him, "I have not!"

He grimmaces, tears in his eyes, "You have barely talked to me for a whole month! And when you did I could tell you were hiding something from me!"

She shakes her head.

"Baby! I have been planning a birthday party for you. I would never cheat on you. It would not only break your heart but it would break mine! Every breath I take is for both of us! There is not a guy in this school who is as clever, as brave, as hot, or as loyal as you are! It I cheated with anyone they would be below you on so many levels. Can't you see? I love you!"

He doesn't seem convinced. One party doesn't take up all her time. She could stomp her foot she is so angry. But that's James, stubborn. She supposes she will have to show him.

The fireworks go off at the other end of the field. The party is ruined now.

She grabs him and pulls him to her. No hesitation. Nothing but love. She feeds on his being. She holds him so close her is on her. She licks his lips and sucks on him. The kiss is angry - passion filled.

She rips off her shirt. He looks at her suprised and in awe, never seeing her shirtless before. She says, "James fucking Potter, if you don't take me right now then you never will."

That was enough convincing.