Studying

"Evans, are you really going to tell me you are not one bit excited by working with, me?"

James moves his head towards me. I push his forehead back towards his chair with a groan. "Yes that is exactly what I am telling you." 

McGonagall decided that she would pick the partners for this project. I must have crossed her in someway this week.

"Now, Potter, do you know anything about transferring a human into an animal?"

All of a sudden, James doesn't seem so cocky anymore. I smile, finally I have something to hold over his head. I tease,"Oh so you do." He sits on his hands and I continue, "Come on Potter, spill." 

He keeps his mouth shut tight until he quickly sings, "I know nothing!" I feel a pang of regret for teasing him because he seems so uncomfortable.

I roll my eyes and he laughs, "Evans, you are more evil than you look!"

"You're one to talk Potter! You are exactly the opposite of how you seem." 

He relaxes a little more into the conversation and leans toward me, "And what do you see. When you look inside me?" 

"Nothing particularly interesting." And he lets out a bark of laughter. 

~~~~~

Two hours later we have a finished project and I am heading to the owlery. I trip on a step and send my textbook with all my notes stuffed inside, scattered onto the steps.

Grumbling I pick up the papers and find a ripped corner of a paper with a couple words scribbled on it.

They are:

Hogsmeade, you, me. Tomorrow.

I lean over the railing and look down the winding staircase to see James Potter smiling up at me.

I yell, "No!"

That bloody boy is going to get me killed.