Seven Years Work Pt. 1

First Year

"My Dad never proposed to my mum," James says. My jaw drops and I say, "That's horrible! When my Dad proposed he filled the room with 100 roses. Though my Mum kept pricking herself. If it were me I would have one hundred daisies."

Second Year

I whisper to my friends, because I know James is trying to eavesdrop, "At home me and Tuny used to play house. I would be the man and propose." Lila asks, "How did you do it?" I smile, "I would take her to a field next to our house that over looks hills that roll into the sunset. We would have a picnic and I would keep telling her I had something really special for dessert. After the actual dessert, because there always needs to be dessert, I would dig into my pocket, get the ring, and propose."

Third Year

"Remus, we are only 14 you don't need to know how to propose!" I laugh at him. He pleads, "Lil you don't understand. This girl is french and a model I need to know how to propose." I roll my eyes but instruct him, "You need to be really nervous. And if you are smiling like a fool it helps to."

Fourth Year

"Did you see Professor Evans' ring?" I ask Remus. He shrugs. I say, "It had like 15 diamonds! A ring should be simple. Maybe one gem. If it has like 15 it looks like you are a rich brat." James turns around in his chair and raises his eyebrows, "It thought girls liked diamonds?" I shrug, "I don't."

Fifth Year

The entirety of Gryffindor showed up to dinner today. All because house elves tried a different dessert menu. Alice groans, "I am in love with fondue." I chew on flourless chocolate cake with rasberries. It is fantastic. "Flourless Chocolate cake is so sexy," I say, "I will eat this before I get engaged and at my wedding we will have chocolate strawberries." "You are crazy," Marlene says.

Sixth Year

"Lil's!" James calls from behind me. I roll my eyes and keep walking. He catches up to me and says sarcastically, "Thanks for waiting." I smile, "No problem." James starts, "So every year you lecture us men about how to propose, but you never told us when." Lily presses her lips together but says, "It should be when you can't picture your life without them. Or when you feel like your heart might burst with all the love you have for them." James laughs, "But that means I would have to propose to you now!" I shove him away and keep walking. I can't keep a smile from creeping on my face.

Seventh Year

"I want it to be him."