Essay Pt:2

James POV

I grin. Moony has agreed to help me with the assignment. The essay will be easy. Moony sits across the table late into the night. He asks, "What are you planning on doing, and why do you need my help?"

"Well I need you to proof read my essay, you big editor!"

He knows that's not all and I grudgingly continue, "And you need to help me with the first step." I give him my begging eyes. He rolls his eyes. But I know he loves editing and grading papers, he even carries a bottle of red ink for stuff like this.

He reads aloud from the parchment I put in front of him, "There is a girl in my year who is the most beautiful thing in this entire world, inside and out. She has helped me through my parent's death and divorce. She has this little quirk where she tugs at her hair when she is bored. We met second year and I have harassed her (with love) ever since.

The first reason she is my goal is her compassion. Once I was sending a howler to the minister, saying it was from his mother, and I saw her helping an owl with its wing in the wrong direction. And she fed all of them, especially the skinny ones. She even tried to make a club for muggle borns to talk through their bullying but I was the only one who came even though I am not a muggle born.

The second reason is her spunkyness. She hexed this one slytherin who was in the middle of a quidditch game because he was spelling the m word in the sky. He was in the hospital wing for weeks. There is this real creepy guy who used to be her best mate that called her the m word and now he stares and follows her around. Once she was on the dock of the great lake and she was so annoyed with him she called him over and pushed him into the lake! It was brilliant.

Thirdly she is beautiful. Her hair is a dark red orange that is so thick her buns are half the size of her head. And when she gets annoyed she presses her lips together in this way that makes me scream in agony. I swear, I have only seen her twice not smiling. Her big green eyes are so shiny. They are as gorgeous as a real emerald. A while ago I gave her this necklace and she wears it every day.

Lastly, I love the way she makes me feel. Like I am in the middle of a free fall. She makes my heart race and my hands get clammy. She has the power to break and heal my heart in one sentence.

And that is why my goal in life is to get her to love me back. My goal in life is for Lily Evans to love me back. Why is that so hard?"

Remus finishes. I look up at him to see what he thinks. He has tears in his eyes. I say with a smirk playing at my lips, "It was that good, huh?"

"Oh, shove it prongs."

○●○●○

He said I could try to make her see I am a good person. So I do. It was really fun. I helped her with her speech.

And when I asked her out she said maybe! But I can't think of where my essay has gone to. Last time I saw it I was in the library.

I slowly zone back into reality and start to walk across the courtyard. I see a wisp of red hair coming towards me. It's Lily why is she running? She sprint towards me and jumps on me. Our lips collide. She is hanging on me. She kisses ever inch of my face. I can hear now she is crying. She smiles at me, "Yes. Yes a million times yes!"
I put her down, "What?"

She smiles even wider crying with joy, "I read your essay. Yes. Yes. Yes."

I grin so big that it hurts. I take her in my arms and spin around with our foreheads touching. I set her down and hold her. Finally I lean in and kiss her. We both are so happy we are smiling into the kiss. The kiss is so full of love it is beyond my wildest dream.

And we don't care that everyone in the courtyard is staring. Or that our friends start clapping and cheering. We just care about each other.

We break the kiss and just stare smiling at each other. Never wanting to let go.

(A/N I'm crying)