Compliments

These days have been bad. It's summertime and the style is tight small clothes. I look through my trunk, frustrated by myself. I pull a tank top out of the dresser and put it over my granny bra.

It exentuates all of my jelly rolls and my muffin top. I pull it off and reach for a hair tie. I tie my hair in a messy bun. There are bumps all over and my face looks like a baby's.

I stomp my foot on the floor. Tears come in the back of my eyes. I rip the tie out of my head, not caring that I am pulling my hair.

I put on a large lace shirt. It doesn't show my pudge. I put my arms through it and my large upper arms are too big for the sleeves. I let out a frustrated yell and tear the shirt off. It rips and it shove it to the bottom of my trunk. I put back on my sweat pants I slept in last night and a big t-shirt.

I pull my hair back in a tight pony tail and leave the dormitory. I feel the stares of everyone, knowing I am ugly. I hear two girls gossiping about me as I walk past. I exude hatred from every pore in my body.

Lucius walks past me, "Finally let yourself go, Mudblood?"

I had to stop myself from slugging him. Instead I sent a curse that made him replace the name Narcissa (his girl friend's name) with mum.

I sit in the back corner glaring at everyone. In the minutes before class I insult myself.

You are so ugly. No one likes you. You are so fat. Your hair is a mess. Do you look good in anything?

Professor Binns starts class. I put my face in my hands. I am so frustrated.

"Hey Lily," James turns around and smiles at me, "You look really nice today."

Suddenly my shirt hugs my waist well, my ass looks great in these pants, and my hair is the perfect ratio of messy to aligned.

I smile, "Thanks."