Frying Pans

Crash! Bang!

I sit up suddenly. There is someone in my house. I look where James usually sleeps next to me but he is not there, probably in the lou.

I reach for my wand but maybe it is a muggle burglar. If it's a deatheater, I can probably take them. I grab the frying pan I have under my bed.

My mother always used to tell me to have one. She would yell everytime I asked her, "1 in 6 women get raped!"

I tip toe into the kitchen. I get behind the intruder and whack him in the head. It makes a sickening thwump sound.

He drops to the floor clutching his head. I hold it out towards him while I go to the light. I say, "Stay right there you arse hole, I am calling the police."

I flick the switch. "Jesus, Lil, what the hell?"

A half dressed James is sprawled on the floor looking surprised, pained, and a little impressed. "Oh babe, I am so sorry."

He winces when I go to touch it. I grab my wand, "Episky."

He groans. With a light kiss on the cheek I whisper, "I am so sorry. Do you need anything? Ice or food..."

He chuckles and gives me a little kiss. Rubbing his head still he forgives me, "Just don't do it again please."

I lean on the cabinets next to him, "We will see..." In silence that only comes in the dark of the night on the floor I realize that I don't want him to go home. I want to sit on the floor with him and drag him back to bed. 

"James, Maybe I don't know, what if you stay over."

His eyes light up, "Like tonight?"

"Like forever?"