Ice Cream Sandwiches

"This will be easy," I say with my trade mark smirk. Lily took the black apron that said, 'All Hail The Cooking Master.' I was left with a pink frilly apron, and I am rocking it.

Lily has a sour expression. She yells to the heavens, "Screw muggle studies! I lived half of my life with muggles. Plus, I hate baking- I mean cooking!"

I throw my arm around her waist and I pull her close enough to kiss her temple. I open the recipe book and reassure her with my confidence, "You will need to do nothing. I am the cookie monster, I mean cooking master."

She pushes me away with a laugh. "You're one of those things," She laughs as she pinches my flabby cheeks.

I turn and glare at her. She sighs loudly and reads aloud, "Take a 1/2 cup of ice cream and put it between two cookies. I guess the ice cream should defrost a little."

I pour sprinkles into a bowl. Lily takes out vanilla ice cream and chocolate cookies. Slowly but surely she does as the directions say then roll the sandwich in sprinkles.

"We should have a code word," I remind her, "incase something goes wrong. I suggest 'rebellious tumbleweed.'"

She gently places the first on a plate. I think of another, "Or drunken squash biskets!"

Lily laughs. She makes the second. She licks her fingers. She complains, "You haven't done any!"

I ignore her and think of another, "Jumping jelly narwhals!'"

She grumbles as she starts the other one.

"Oh god!"

The ice cream has melted and the ice cream in her hand. "Jelly tumbleweed biskets! I mean drunken squash narwhals! Ugh! James!"

I turn around and the sandwiches have deflated and the sugary liquid leaks between her fingers

I laugh at her. "Ah, you arse hole!" She says whilst splashing the melted ice cream on me.

"You didn't just start this."

"Come at me, Potter."

I take a handful of half melted ice cream and throw it at her. We race around the room, dodging and throwing in all directions.

This is what I want. This is what I have always wanted.