Type

"Why don't you ask her to Hogsmeade?" Remus asks pointing at a blonde across the courtyard.

She plays for the Ravenclaw quidditch team. Her name is Sandra I think. Her long hair is down to her elbows in a elegant braid. Her skin seems to gleam in the sunlight. Her grey eyes are small but stand out against her feminine features including high cheek bones and blush pink lips. Her dark glasses are much like my own, circular and fantastic looking. But still I feel no interest in seeing how well she kisses in the back of the Three Brooms Sticks.

I say as I lean back on my elbows, my eyes drifting to another girl walking through the courtyard. "I don't know." Her red hair is tied up on the top of her head and she is laughing at something. I want to catch her laughter in my mouth and taste it. 

~~~

Lily looks up at me from her charms book with a blush. She questions, "Do you fancy Sandra Barry?" She pauses pushing around her dinner, "I saw you watching her this morning."

I can see the awkward silence heating her cheeks and grin a bit. "Were you watching me?"

She rolls her eyes and ignores me, "Well, I think you should go for it."

Somehow, I feel a chip in my ego. A drop in my stomach. To make sure she doesn't notice I lean forward. "Really? Do you think she would say yes?"

Lily nervously giggles, "To you? Of course I mean its not every day a someone like you-. I mean you must be attractive to some people. I wouldn't know though."

"Sure sure, she could be in that small number that find me irresistible. But no, Evans I don't think Sandra is my type."

Sirius plops down next to James laughing, "You mean the hot type?"

Lily seems to be done with the conversation. She finishes it, "Well I think she is beautiful, smart, and very funny. I wish I could ask her."

Sirius wiggles his eyebrows.

I laugh, "Sorry Lil's but I don't think shes my type and that's final."

"Who is your type then?" Sirius asks. 

Lily's eyes lift secretly to me from behind her homework and I choke, "I- Uh- I am more of a McGonagall guy myself. " Lily barks out a laugh, writing her final period with a smirk. 

Sirius shivers, "Gross."