Perve Part 2

Lily sits at breakfast two days later. It is very odd. Potter hasn't bothered her for days.

Someone taps her shoulder. She looks up and Sirius is staring down at her with dark bags under his eyes. He mutters, "Come here."

She follows him. He stops towards the end of the door. Sirius says, "I thought you would like to know that a week or so ago Snivellus and James got into a fight after class. It was because Snape was being a perve at you. Anyway James is in really bad shape and," Sirius shakes his head towards the ceiling, tears shine in his eyes, "and they say he might not make it."

Lily's heart raced as soon as he said Snivellus. With his last word she felt a sinking feeling in her body. She throws her arms around Sirius. Then she sprints towards the infirmary.

Lily's breath catches in her throat. She didn't expect James to look different. She had assumed it was a duel. His face was double it's normal size. His face is every color in the rainbow.

She feels as if she is about to faint. She rushes to his side.

For hours every day for two weeks she would sit by Potter doing her work and watching him sleep.

She is taking for granted the time she can stare at him. Sometimes, after hours of being with him alone, she would slip her fingers between his to see how it feels.

But by two weeks Madame Pomfrey explains to Lily, "If he doesn't wake up in an hour or so he probably never will. I am sorry Ms. Evans."

Lily shakes her head wiping a small year from her eyes, "Me too."

'I only come to see him to say thank you for what he did,' she tells herself. Madame Pomfrey leaves and Lily sits back down. She watches his chest rise and fall with labored breaths.

His eye it a green color with a purple outline.

She sat like that watching him with a deep sadness nesting in her abdomen.

She looks up at the wall clock. He's only got 20 minutes. "C'mon Potter", she whispers, clutching his lucwarm hand, "You're not going to die, this isn't your style."

"Potter. This is not funny. Wake up, you goddamned arse."

"James, I will date you if you wake up. I will snog you. I will fuck you, just wake up."

She sobs. She misses his smirk. His annoying laugh. His need to be next to his friends. His loving nature.

"Lily."

His right eye opens and the other is slightly less pressed together. She breathes for the first time in weeks.

It's not a choice. There is no reason.

She looks at him. He is smirking at her with a glint in his eye. She can't handle this excitement. She gingerly places her hands on each side of his face.

She leans forward. He smells like peppermint and wood. She places her lips gently on his. Their lips are like static. Their lips lay on each other. Lily can't resist. She slides her hand into his hair.

His hair. He puts his hands on her waist. Lily slides her tongue into his mouth. The kiss changes directions.

It is now hungry and desparate. They can't get enough of each other.

Lily licks his mouth. He bites her lip and she groans with delight. He is amazing. She is amazing. She has slid towards the edge of her seat. She licks his lips again.

This time she tastes salt.

Carefully Lily sits back and breaks the kiss. James is so happy he is crying but his ears are ruby red.

"Sorry," She whispers and starts shoving her papers in the messenger bag. He says, "No, it's fine. If I don't say anything about the kiss you won't say anything about the crying."

"Deal," She mutters. She walks to the door. She turns towards the wall his bed is facing. She whispers, "We are friends now. And James? Thanks."

He smiles to himself. If it is even possible he has become even more in love with Lily Evans.