07 | andantino

07

andantino [it.] — lighter than
andante, and usually quicker

。°˖✧˖°。

"see you after the summer break!" that was what everyone told their friends when parting ways at school.

remi was no different. she was going to go on a holiday with her parents back to korea for the entire summer, so she simply waved at quqi, promised to return with some souvenirs, and wished her a happy summer break (along with the luck of getting together with kageyama during this period of time, to which quqi waved her off and told her that she was simply delusional) before leaving campus grounds.

"i'll walk home with you," kageyama approached quqi with his luggage in hand. he had a grey cap on his head and his bangs were pushed back under it, exposing his forehead.

quqi was confused by his behaviour, but wrote it off as them simply living in the same apartment complex. "sure."

the two walked out of campus grounds together and headed towards the subway station, where they would be taking two stops to get to the station closest to the complex. both of them boarded the subway together and looked around for any available seats, only to find none. so, the only option left was for them to stand.

"you're not going home for the summer?" quqi asked.

"not for the first few weeks," was kageyama's reply, "we have some training then. after that, i'll go back home for the rest of the break."

quqi hummed, "that's nice."

"you're not going home for the holidays?" he asked.

"no, my sister has a project to finish and it'll take a while, so we won't be going back," she replied, "and my parents are coming over, anyway."

kageyama hummed. the two fell into an awkward silence again just as the train began to move. quqi nearly toppled over, but she managed to catch herself and regain her balance just as he shot a hand out to grab her upper arm. both of them froze up and locked gazes, and she could take a better look at his features up close than the first time she saw him at the campus open house.

he had a really tall nose bridge, much taller than her button nose's, anyway. she recalled the name of noses with the same shape as his (she had been wondering what kind of nose she had a few years ago, hence she went on a googling spree for noses): the celestial nose. her gaze panned over to his lashes: they were long and curled, catching the beams of sunlight in their wake. his skin had no signs of blemishes and pimples, and his pores were really clear.

for some reason, a secondary face kept overlapping with his, one that was almost identical to his. however, the stark difference was the colour of his eyes. kageyama's was a beautiful shade of royal blue, and this second face had a pair of very mesmerising amethyst ones. funny, she had never seen this second face before.

she blinked, and the second face disappeared. she was then reminded yet again of how close their current proximity was. she glanced down at his arm (which was still gripping her upper arm) and kageyama drew his hand back quickly.

"sorry," he said as she stood back straight, "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine," she said, looking away as her face turned pink, "thank you for catching me, though."

flustered, she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and reached for her bag, grabbing her earphones out and immediately shoving them into her ears. she plugged them to her phone and started playing music to calm her nerves down. she turned her head away and started berating herself mentally, you're an idiot! your heart started beating faster just because he's good-looking, right? she paused as she thought back to the second face, and who's that guy, anyway?