27 | leggiero

27

leggiero [it.] — lightly, gracefully

。°˖✧˖°。

on friday night, kageyama could not sleep. he was restless and was tossing and turning the entire night. he had set up his sketchbook and his best pencil, and had the pasta recipe that miwa had sent him on wednesday evening drilled into his head. he had also laid out the clothes that he was going to wear on saturday (which was seen and approved by miwa).

so you can imagine his surprise on saturday morning when he received a text from quqi.

huan-san

08:40

hey, sorry kageyama, we gotta take
a rain check today. i'm not feeling well
today, so i can't come over. can we
reschedule today's meeting to next
week instead?

it's okay, we can reschedule.

take care and get well soon.

sorry, and thank you! >_<

disappointment filled his lungs as he stared at the message. she was sick?

is it because she's been staying up late to work on her project that her body crashed? theories swam in his head as he tried to figure out what had happened to her. quickly, he grabbed his wallet, keys, and his coat before walking out of the front door.

he first had to make a trip to the convenience store.

。°˖✧˖°。

at nine in the morning, the front doorbell was ringing non-stop. and for someone like quqi, who valued non-interrupted sleep, it was really annoying. she groaned and threw the covers over her head just as the doorbell rang again, then she finally trudged out of bed, battling the pain which was that of period cramps and a massive headache. she hobbled towards the door, with one hand against her lower abdomen and another on the side of her head, all while muttering, "which bloody nutjob is awake this early in the morning?"

she peeked through the peephole to see who was on the other end. her eyes widened in surprise when she realised that the bloody nutjob in question was none other than her soulmate who lived one floor below her: kageyama tobio.

she pulled the door open using the hand that was previously pushing against her temple and met kageyama's gaze with a widened stare of her own, "kageyama? what are you doing here? didn't we agree to meet on another day?"

kageyama took a brief moment to inspect her face: it was paler than usual and there seemed to be a sort of hollowed tiredness in her eyes. he also realised that she was simply wearing an old shirt and shorts that showed off her fair thighs. his cheeks flared up as he felt that he was looking at something scandalous, so he quickly jerked his eyes back up and cleared his throat. thankfully, she was so out of it that she did not catch his sudden movement.

"y-yeah, but i wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing," he said.

a warm feeling bloomed across her chest and she knew that if she were a hopeless romantic who believed in the power of love at first sight, she would have visibly swooned.