18 | dolce

18

dolce [it.] — sweetly

。°˖✧˖°。

"tadaima," kageyama called out upon stepping into the genkan, kicking his running shoes off and placing them neatly on the rack at the side. the familiar smell of chicken wafted into his nose: he could smell the aroma of cooked chicken and something else without even stepping into the living room. he headed on inside the apartment, immediately making eye contact with miwa, who was stirring something in the pot over the stove. she turned her head to face him and gave him a smile as she greeted him, "okaeri, tobio."

"i didn't think you'd come over that early," he said, walking over to the kitchen island and spying a bunch of tomatoes as well as other assorted ingredients laid out on the table.

"well, it's a holiday for me, after all," she said, returning her focus back to the pot. there was a moment of silence before she spoke again, "why don't you invite your soulmate over for dinner?"

kageyama nearly choked on his spit as he flushed crimson at her seemingly preposterous suggestion, "w-what?!"

"don't play innocent with me, tobio," miwa said as she turned the gas off and stuck the ladle out towards him, smirking, "i know you like her."

"i-i don't!" he shook his head as his cheeks seemed to turn even redder, if that was even possible, as he tripped over his words to offer a reasonable explanation for his disagreement, "i... i just think that she's a nice person."

miwa snickered and turned around so that her back was now facing him, "sure, baby brother, whatever you say." there was a pause and she continued, "just drop her a message on line."

he mumbled something incomprehensible under his breath, then reached into his hoodie pocket to grab his phone. he unlocked it and went straight to line, following his sister's instructions. at times like these, he wondered why he would always give in to her and could not ever seem to bring himself to say no.

huan-san

19:06

huan-san, are you having
dinner right now?

not yet!

i've just finished my last class and
i'm heading to the cafeteria right now.

what's up???

my sister wants to invite you over for
dinner so she asked me to send you a text

ah, please don't feel pressurised. you don't
have to come over if you don't want to.

kageyama...

it's free food, so ofc i'm
coming over! (*′★.̫★)

i'm kidding, i'll grab us some
drinks! what do you guys want?

nee-san doesn't want anything

i can go to the convenience store
and grab some milk for you?

yeah, that'll do. thank you.