30 | animando

30

animando [it.] — becoming lively

。°˖✧˖°。

it had been ten minutes since remi had finished class and dropped quqi a text saying that she was waiting for her in the harp studio. her friend still had not read her message and it was still left on 'delivered'. even when remi called quqi's phone, the only response she got was the automated voice response that went "this mobile number is currently unavailable, please try again later".

are she and kageyama actually having lunch together? remi wondered as she started scrolling through quqi's instagram stories to see if she had taken any pictures indicating such, to which remi found zero.

she stood up and stretched her arms over her head, guess i'm on my own for lunch, then!

just as she exited the studio, she heard someone call out to her in her other native tongue, "remi-ssi!"

remi turned around to see minho walking up to her, a pleasant smile on his face as he adjusted the laptop bag that was currently slung across his body.

"hey, i thought we agreed to address each other casually," remi teased with a playful lilt, giving a matching smile in response.

"ah, we did, didn't we?" minho said and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "my bad. i'll fix that soon."

the pair made their way towards the elevator before remi spoke again, "minho, are you going to eat your lunch now?"

"yes," minho nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets. there was a beat of silence before he asked, "do you want to eat lunch together?"

"sure," she grinned, "what time is your next class?"

"uh, around four," he replied, "why do you ask?"

"great, we can have lunch together," she said just as the elevator doors opened.

the pair stepped into the elevator and minho reached for the button to close the doors. remi turned to minho and asked, "do you like ramyeon?"

"yeah, i do," he replied, nodding his head.

"great, do you want to eat ramyeon?*" she said, "there's a new korean place that opened nearby, and i was thinking we could eat there together!"

minho's cheeks were immediately dusted pink upon misunderstanding her simple and innocent question. he coughed, "i never knew you were this straightforward."

recognition flashed across remi's eyes as she grinned, "why? do you actually want to do that instead of eating ramyeon? i never knew you were that kind of guy, minho."

minho's blush seemingly darkened, "n-no, it's because you just — anyway!" he coughed again, then continued, "where's this new korean place that you're talking about?"

a couple of train stops later, remi led minho to the said new korean place that she had found while browsing for cute date spot ideas online a few days ago. since they had arrived before the regular lunch hour, they were able to head inside and find seats easily.

a waitress brought a menu over and the pair began looking over the many choices presented on the list. remi spoke up, "should we order a hotpot to share then split the bill later on?"