08 | turn

08

turn — a flourish of added notes

。°˖✧˖°。

breaks — not just summer breaks alone — always passed quickly. way too quickly, in quqi's opinion. summer came and went, then fall arrived: the leaves had changed from bright green to a variety red, orange, and brown. the air had become much cooler as well, and everyone walked around with long coats and scarves on.

and it was soon time to resume classes again.

quqi sighed, sitting in the lecture hall with her notebook and pencil case out. she had come dressed up, compared to her other days. it was part of her special 'first day back in school' spirit, and she would put in the extra effort to look nicer on those days. she was wearing a white beanie she had ordered online (and arrived a few days ago), a simple cream shirt and a brown pencil skirt, along with a long brown coat and sakura-patterned boots.

"you're dressed up today," remi settled down in the seat next to hers.

remi dressed like it was a photoshoot day every day. this time, she wore a grey tight-fitting dress and a long jean jacket over, paired with a black beret, a pair of sunglasses, black combat boots, and a pair of dangly butterfly earrings.

"i could say the same for you, but you're dressed up every day," quqi said.

"oh, right, here's the souvenirs that i got for you," remi handed her a relatively large paper bag, filled with all sorts of goodies she had brought back from korea, ranging from merch to basic skincare products. and also some make-up quqi had requested.

"ooh, nice, you got me an rj pillow!" quqi's eyes lit up upon seeing the familiar cartoon alpaca pillow in the bag, then looked up at remi with a smile, "thanks for all the gifts, remi! i'll get you a fruit tea later during lunch."

"sure thing," remi laughed, "by the way, there's a new café that opened not too far off campus. do you wanna go later on for lunch? we have a three-hour break before performance class, anyway."

"sure," quqi agreed, but before she could say anything else, professor tanaka walked into class with a student tailing behind him.

the new student was cute. he gave off a very puppy-like vibe, just from his face alone. he had an angular face and a strong jaw, a contrast to the cutesy vibes he gave off. he had a pair of monolid eyes and somewhat thin pink lips set on relatively fair skin and thick brows. his hair was dyed light brown, and it seemed to shine like gold under the sunlight. he was tall, too, towering right over the professor.

as if it was some sort of fantasy drama, quqi had a sudden vision of another guy. a guy who strangely resembled the new student in every way. however, instead of dyed hair, the man in the vision had healthy, black hair. she shook her head to clear this very random vision she saw and leaned her head in one hand, how can this be happening with this guy whom i don't even know?

the whole class got quiet and excited, audible twitters spread throughout the class as the new student stood there at the front, beside the professor. the girls were obviously giving him passes and were giggling among themselves, while the boys had zero comments and were wondering when the girls would shut up.

"settle down, everyone," professor tanaka said with a frown, then pushed her glasses up her nose, "this is nakajima ryo, a second year who's come back from a year-long academic break to participate in competitions in europe."

"nakajima ryo? who's he?" quqi leaned over and whispered to remi.

"oh, he's that new budding superstar cellist that our seniors have been talking about," remi whispered back, "apparently he's won a few competitions again recently while on his academic break." she lowered her voice and added, "and also, his parents are filthy rich."