12 | allegretto

12

allegretto [it.] - faster than
andante but not as fast as allegro

。°˖✧˖°。

"so what should we work on?"

quqi had managed to get yuhan's and xiaoyue's numbers from one of her cohort mates who was well-known to be a socialite and getting everyone's numbers (they even got the numbers of students studying from different faculties, too). she contacted her other group mates by setting up a group chat and sending a group text, and scheduled a physical meeting with them in one of the discussion rooms in the library. presently, all three of them were seated at the table in the room, and quqi had her phone out to take notes. since two-thirds of her group were mainland chinese, quqi figured that it would be easier if she communicated in mandarin, so she tried her best to head the discussion with her subpar mother tongue.

"anything's fine with me," yuhan said, offering an easygoing smile.

"i think we should use one of the pieces that we analysed and submitted to the professor last term," quqi said, tapping a finger against the glossy tabletop, "that way, we can save time on the analysis and can get right into the performance and interview portions." she paused, then asked, "so what did you guys analyse last term?"

"beethoven's symphony number three in e-flat major," yuhan replied.

"handel's lascia ch'io pianga," xiaoyue replied.

"handel's passacaglia," quqi said, then hummed in thought and pressed her tongue against the side of her inner cheek, "it'll be quite difficult to do a performance on the beethoven and the passacaglia since the beethoven is an orchestral work and the passacaglia that i analysed is a transcribed version for the harp." she glanced over at xiaoyue, then asked, "is it okay if we use your piece for the video and have you to perform it and answer the interview questions?"

xiaoyue nodded, "sure, i don't have a problem with that."

quqi breathed an internal sigh of relief, crisis averted. she smiled and typed the selected piece's name into her notes, "great, that's settled, then." she looked up at xiaoyue, "it'll be great if you could send me your analysis by tonight." she paused, "we should also come up with questions for the interview. i've set up a google doc and i've shared the link in our group chat. you'll just have to key your questions in there. and xiaoyue, you have to answer the questions. entirely in japanese, too, please."

she then looked at yuhan and xiaoyue, "do you guys have any questions?"

yuhan raised a hand up and asked, "when is the video due?"

"somewhere in mid-october," quqi replied, "the professor said she will give us the official date soon." she paused, then asked, "any other questions?"

yuhan and xiaoyue glanced at each other briefly then shook their heads. quqi smiled and stood up, "great, then we'll end our group meeting here. remember to write your questions, and xiaoyue, you have to answer them and send me your analysis, too."

。°˖✧˖°。

"so how did your meeting go?" remi took quqi's small serving of kimchi off her tray and pulled it towards herself (quqi could not handle any sort of spice whatsoever, and remi was more than happy to partake in more spice).

"not too bad, actually," quqi replied and used her chopsticks to pick some noodles up and placed them gently onto her spoon, "we've decided on a piece, but i guess how fast the work gets done from here will only be told in due time." she looked up at remi, "what about you guys?"