33 | lusingando

33

lusingando [it.] — coaxing; in
a sweet and persuasive style

。°˖✧˖°。

half of the group was drunk. namely, kageyama, hinata, and remi. the trio were somehow squished together on the sofa in the centre), with kageyama in the middle and the other two pretty much leaning their entire body weight onto his sides. maybe kageyama was too drunk to even notice, but his demeanor remained perfectly fine, letting both of them rest their heads on his shoulders as they sang along to some sad depressing song playing on the television. if someone were to just take it out of context, they would have thought that the drunken trio had just gotten rejected by their crushes, or dumped by their respective partners (when in reality, all of them were single).

quqi tapped on her phone's screen to look at the time. it was almost midnight, which meant that there were absolutely no train services available, and it would also be difficult to hail a taxi at this time. the six of them had extended their room time by two hours and had been singing and drinking silly ever since.

as if on cue, the music stopped and the standard message of "thank you for spending your time with us" flashed across the screen, signalling that their session had come to an end. remi whined, pretty much sobbing into the microphone, "no! i wanna sing some more!"

"i think we should stop now," minho said, wrestling the microphone away from her, "we should go home."

"there aren't any train services available at this time," quqi piped up from across the room, "and hailing a cab is gonna be tough, too. we'll have to either walk or wait it out."

"i can call my chauffeur to pick us up," nakajima said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"your chauffeur?" quqi and minho turned to nakajima with rounded eyes, staring at the elder as he searched for his family chauffeur's contact number.

"yes," nakajima replied coolly, not even blinking an eye as he pressed his chauffeur's contact number, calling him, "you guys can sleep over at my family's place."

as nakajima turned his head to the side to speak to his family chauffeur, quqi and minho turned to look at each other.

"is he some sort of keiretsu*?" she whispered, then realised that minho might not have understood what she meant, so she added helpfully, "chaebol*?"

"i heard that his parents are rich," minho whispered back, "also, he's a rising superstar cellist. he's definitely won lots of prize money from competitions and performing as a soloist."

"okay, our ride is coming in about fifteen minutes," nakajima said, cutting the two's mini gossip session short as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket and stood up, "we need to get these three outta here and pay for the room."

quqi and minho stood up and went over to remi and hinata respectively, who were still seated with their heads resting comfortably on top of kageyama's broad shoulders.

as quqi tucked an arm under remi's armpit and was about to hoist remi up on her feet (while counting on whatever strength her bicep could offer after years of carrying her lever harp up and down the stairs), kageyama lifted his head and locked gazes with quqi. his lips spread into a dopey grin as his eyes crinkled up, "hi, huan-san."

quqi noted that this was very out of character for kageyama, but this drunk side of him was a rather cute one to see. she laughed and decided to play along, "hey, kageyama-kun."