19 | volti subito

19

volti subito [it.] — turn the page quickly

。°˖✧˖°。

miwa returned an hour after quqi left, happily drinking out of a large cup of green milk tea that she had purchased from a bubble tea store that was just a three-minute walk from the apartment.

"so, did you guys have fun?" she asked as she sat down next to kageyama on the couch, drink in hand, "i hope you guys didn't do anything promiscuous."

"we did not," he said with a frown, "i don't want to know how you even came to that conclusion."

"right, right," miwa said with a nod, "after all, you're just a virgin at relationships." she reached over to pull his already flushed cheek gently, and he yelped in her grasp as he tried to swat her hand away.

"i'm going to finish up my assignments," he announced, standing up from the couch and marching straight to his room, closing the door behind him.

miwa simply chuckled and shook her head, ah, youth. my little brother is so cute. she took one last sip of her drink, emptying the cup and heading to the kitchen to toss the now-empty cup away.

。°˖✧˖°。

it had been ten minutes since kageyama had started catching up on his reading assignments, but nothing was being registered into his head. he buried his head in his hands and groaned, then leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest with a huff.

i wonder if huan-san has finished her essay, he thought mindlessly, then realised what he had just thought of. a red hue appeared on his cheeks and he slapped both hands on his cheeks, get it together, tobio, you can't just suddenly think of her! he leaned his elbows on the table and let out a long, drawn-out sigh.

he thought that this — thinking of quqi — could be written off as a one-time thing, but over the course of the next two days, he found himself thinking of her at random times. for example, when miwa sent him to the grocery store to get groceries, he found himself passing by the chocolates and stopping to look at them while thinking, i wonder if huan-san likes chocolates. another time, he was purchasing milk from the convenience store and thought, i wonder if huan-san has tried my milk suggestion. and all of these occurrences ended with him blushing and shaking his head, hoping to drive these evil thoughts out of his head.

"you've been out of it these days, baby brother," miwa commented on a lazy sunday afternoon as the both of them sat at the kitchen island eating lunch.

"what are you talking about?" kageyama asked with a frown as he continued eating. just a few moments earlier, he was wondering if quqi had eaten, but he did not have enough guts to text and ask her about it.

"you've been in such a daze lately," miwa said, "why? have you been thinking of imouto-chan more often?"

kageyama choked on his rice and pounded his chest, is she crazy?!

"aha! i must've hit the jackpot," miwa grinned like a cheshire cat, waving her spoon at him, before teasing him with a sing-song lilt, "tobio's got a little crush! tobio's got a little crush!"

"shut up! i do not," he said as he took a piece of tissue to wipe his mouth. he scowled at his sister, who was having way too much fun with this bit of newfound information.