32 | ausdruck

32

ausdruck [ger.] — expression

。°˖✧˖°。

after dinner, remi led the group to the karaoke place that both she and quqi liked and visited during the holidays (when, of course, remi did not return to korea or quqi did not return to singapore to visit their family). much to their rotten luck, it seemed that everyone wanted to party really hard that night, and it would take a while for the group to finally sing their hearts out for the night.

so, with a queue number in hand, nakajima guided the rest to the queue in another line to wait (considering how he was the eldest in the lineup — a lone twenty-one-year-old amongst a group of twenty- and nineteen-year-olds — he was now promoted to the status of 'group guardian'). quqi leaned against the wall with her phone in hand, sending a quick text to her sister to tell her to not wait up and just head to bed, because she was most likely going to come home late.

at that moment, kageyama moved over to stand in front of her, a palm pressed against the wall beside her head. she gazed up and looked at him straight in his eyes and he quickly averted his eyes, a lump forming at the back of his throat which he had to swallow quickly.

"what's wrong?" she asked.

"nothing, just..." he coughed awkwardly as his cheeks bloomed pink, then leaned forward just slightly and dropped his volume much lower so that only she could hear him, "there were a bunch of guys walking near us and could've bumped into you."

she craned her neck to look past his shoulder, and true to his word, a group of tall, boisterous high schoolers (how could she not know? they were dressed in high school uniforms) were walking past them, all talking loudly and casting both her and remi (who was now tucked behind minho) conspicuous glances.

"thanks," she whispered, before bringing her arms lower to her chest.

"number eighteen!" the counter staff called out their assigned number, and nakajima immediately walked up to the counter, number plaque in hand. the staff member said something to him (presumably telling him which room they had been assigned to) before nakajima walked back to the group, number plaque having been returned to the staff.

"guys, we're given room twenty," he said.

remi brightened as she peeked from behind minho, "oh, nice! that's one of the bigger rooms!"

she walked around minho and grabbed quqi's arm, and the two girls, excited to pretty much scream into the microphones, skipped down the hallway and straight to the room. quickly, the boys followed suit, entering the dimly-lit room as the black door clicked shut behind then.

kageyama noted that the room was slightly smaller than half of a volleyball court, but it was still rather spacious. the only sources of light were the television, which was now playing a soundless american music video on screen, and sparse dim lights hanging from the four corners of the room. there was a monitor mounted on the side for them to choose songs to play, as well as a telephone to order food. there was a small table in the middle of the room and right in front of the television, which had a basket holding three microphones lying in it. there were a total of three couches, which was big enough to accommodate two people each. remi and quqi, being the first to enter the room, had already chosen the couch closest to the monitor. minho and hinata chose the couch in the middle, which left nakajima and kageyama to sit on the third couch which was closest to the door.