45 | colla parte

45

colla parte [it.] — a person
should double another's part

。°˖✧˖°。

"i like you, kageyama."

kageyama froze in place, his eyes widening and his cheeks turning pink. he stared at quqi with parted lips, as if he could not believe this was happening right now.

he squeezed his eyes shut, is this a dream?

he opened them and was met with quqi staring back at him with rounded eyes, the very same eyes that he found so endearing.

"you..." his words came out soft and in a whisper, as though she would disappear if he said it any louder, "you like me?"

"yeah," she said, then frowned, "is that so hard to believe?"

"it's just..." his voice trailed off as he looked down at his arm, with quqi's hands still holding him, "you said we should be friends."

"you're right, i did," slowly, she removed her hands from him, and suddenly his skin felt too cold for his liking. his body tensed up as he feared her subsequent words, is she going to retract what she said.

"do you want to stay friends?"

his eyebrows furrowed together and he shook his head. shyly, he reached out for her hand and wrapped his fingers around her wrist. he asked, "does this mean that... we're dating?"

"exclusively?" she asked, looking up at him.

"you... don't want to be exclusive?" his frown deepened and his eyes took on a sad tinge, which made him looked like a kicked puppy.

"i mean, you have quite a number of fangirls at school," she explained matter-of-factly, "it won't really be beneficial to you if we were to date exclusively."

"i don't care what they think, they're not important anyway," his gaze dropped back down to his hand that was still holding her wrist, "you're the only one that matters."

she smiled, then wriggled her hand a little to slip her wrist out of his grasp so that she could slide her hand down to slip it into his hand instead, then clasped her hand around his.

"well? does this answer your question?" she asked, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. he looked over at her and realised that there was a slight pink tint to her cheeks.

maybe she's just as shy as i am, he thought.

he nodded slowly, then squeezed back. there was a moment of silence as both of them stayed in comfortable silence while looking at their enclosed hands before quqi spoke, "shall we go back inside now?"

"can... can we go in like this?" kageyama raised their hands slightly and looked over at her, waiting for her response.

she nearly laughed at how adorable he was being (he was surprised and envious at how quickly her shyness seemed to melt away) before she grinned, "i'll do you one better."

she let go of his hand and slipped her hand out of his, then slipped her arm through his and clutched his bicep, causing a red tint to spread across his face, "let's go in like this."

he turned his head to the side as his face turned completely red, then pressed his lips together and nodded. slowly, the pair stood up before she spoke up, "ah, wait, i forgot about my shoes."

"t-that's okay," he muttered before letting go of her and stepping in front of her. he got down on one knee and reached for her shoes, setting them down in front of her and lifting her skirt just enough so that she could slip her feet into her shoes. once they were on her feet, he bent over slightly and reached out for the straps, buckling them in place for her. he stood back up and offered his arm out to her, "let's go."