47 | doux

47

doux [fr.] — gentle, soft, sweet

。°˖✧˖°。

after a brief call with qiyue, quqi had acquired the list of food to buy from the supermarket, which led to the current situation: the couple were in the closest supermarket to their apartment complex. quqi was walking with her phone in hand, and kageyama had taken up the job of wheeling the trolley around.

"we need to stock up on instant ramen," quqi commented, eyes on her phone. she expertly made her way towards the instant foods section, crouching down to inspect the rows of different types of ramen.

"kageyama, do you have a favourite flavour?" she asked as she reached out to grab the mushroom and vegetable flavours.

"not really, i'm good with anything," he said, watching her with intent eyes.

she hummed and grabbed one more pack of mushroom-flavoured ramen, then dumped them all into the cart. she looked up at kageyama with a grin, "okay, that's the last of it."

he returned her smile with a gentle one of his own and reached over to interlock arms with her. it seemed as if what she told him that morning gave him the little confidence that he needed to hold her hand more easily.

she laughed and shifted one of her hands so that she was touching his biceps directly. she gave them a gentle squeeze and teased, "whoa, kageyama, you've been working these out, hey?"

he blushed and muttered, "okay okay, let's get going."

she laughed and opened her mouth to say something when another voice cut them off, "kageyama?"

both of them turned their heads to see erika, who was holding a shopping cart of her own. erika then noticed quqi, to which she immediately added, "ah, hello huan-senpai!"

all quqi really wanted to do was to ignore her and walk in the opposite direction, but with kageyama being on friendly terms with his childhood friend, there was no way she could do so. hence, she plastered on a cordial smile as kageyama guided her towards erika.

"hey, erika," kageyama said with a soft gaze in his eyes, "did you come to do some grocery shopping, too?"

"yup," she raised her bag which was partially filled with groceries. she diverted her gaze to the pair's interlocked arms and her cheery facade fell slightly before she recovered and asked, "are you two dating now?"

"yes, we are," quqi replied breezily with an easy nod of her head, then patted his forearm with a grin.

"you're the first of our friends we've told," kageyama said with a small smile.

our friends. quqi still had to keep playing the part of erika's good friend and upperclassman, so she continued smiling as if everything was right in the world.

"oh," a faint pink tint covered her cheeks.

"we should make a move first, we've got plans," quqi piped up, smiling extra brightly at erika, "it was great to bump into you like this!"

"the pleasure is all mine, senpai," erika beamed and waved, "have a good day ahead, you two!"

quqi pretty much guided kageyama towards the cashier, maintaining a pleasant smile on her face until she was out of sight from erika. her smile dropped and she kept a completely straight face as a crease appeared between her brows, which kageyama took notice of.