15 | accelerando

15

accelerando [it.] — accelerating

。°˖✧˖°。

"irasshaimase!" the smell of fresh noodles mixed with the distinct smell of raw fish wafted into the group's noses as they were led to an empty table that could sit up to six people, with three on each side. the restaurant had pretty bright lighting, and it showed off the dark blue and white décor of the interior. it was not too busy that day, so there were some room for the customers to choose which table they preferred.

nakajima took one side, sitting all the way in and smiling up at the rest. remi immediately grabbed hinata's upper arm, saying with a cheerful smile, "let's sit with senpai, hinata!" she led him to the same side of the table which nakajima was sitting at, ushering him in then following suit behind him.

so this left the remaining two the only option of sitting next to each other at the opposite end. quqi went to the opposite side of the table and sat down, and kageyama sat beside her awkwardly, making sure he was not sitting at a close distance which would make her feel uncomfortable.

a waitress brought over three menus and nakajima and remi took one each, leaving one menu for kageyama and quqi to share. they scooted closer to one another to have a better look at the menu, their shoulders just a silver of space away from touching.

"you'll have to order using the qr code here," the waitress tapped to the outer side of the table, whereby a qr code was mounted on a piece of plastic, then pointed over the counter near the entrance, "and you'll make payment at the counter after you've finished your meal."

"got it. thank you so much!" remi smiled at the waitress, and she gave a short bow before walking off towards the kitchen.

remi used her phone and scanned the qr code, "i'll take the orders! you guys can pay me back later on."

kageyama let quqi hold the menu so that she could see what options this restaurant had to offer. she flipped through the first few pages before arriving at the 'rice' section.

"do you want to eat the pork curry rice, kageyama?" quqi asked, recalling the time they ate together and hinata mentioning kageyama being sulky about not being able to eat his favourite dish pointing to the said dish on the menu, "it's your favourite, isn't it?"

kageyama's heart seemed to beat a little harder against his ribcage upon knowing that she remembered that little tiny detail about him. his cheeks turned slightly red as he nodded. quqi turned to remi, "remi, kageyama's getting the pork curry rice. uh, it's—" she looked back down and the menu and read the number off, "b-5. i'll get c-3."

remi tapped away at her phone and turned to the boys sitting next to her, "okay, and what about you guys?"

hinata and nakajima recited their orders and remi peered over hinata's shoulder to get a look at the menu, "do you guys want to order sushi, too?"

"i think we should get the big plate and share it among ourselves," quqi said, "it's the one that has a variety of sushi. uh, let's see... e-7."

"oh, that looks good! we'll go with that, then," nakajima smiled and nodded.

"any drinks?" remi asked as she tapped their order into her phone.

the four shook their heads and remi pressed the 'checkout' button and confirmed their order.

"it's been a while since we had a meal together," nakajima piped up, deciding to make conversation, "how have you guys been doing?"