13 | perdendosi

13

perdendosi [it.] — dying away

。°˖✧˖°。

"...queen. my queen!"

quqi cracked her eyes open, only to see a blurry figure towering over her. it took her almost forever to focus on the figure clearly: it was a black-haired man with pretty purple eyes, dressed in red robes and he had a distressed look on his face.

why does he look so familiar... quqi wondered as her brain racked for answers before it stilled on a conclusion, ah. it's the face that looked really similar to kageyama's. he's the prince from before. she paused and thought, but if he's calling me his queen, doesn't that mean that he's a king?

however, she had other and more important questions on hand: why did her body hurt so much? it felt like her entire body was aching and on fire, and she found it difficult to keep her eyes open. it was as if she was on the verge of dying. she was also struggling to breathe, and her lungs felt as though they were constricted.

now, hang on. why did this feel so real? this was definitely a dream... right? however, if it was actually a dream, how could it feel so realistic? or was this some sort of scene she had come across from an isekai comic? quqi closed her eyes and wondered if she had done anything to make her body feel this way. just then, she felt drops of water dripping on her face, causing her to open her eyes again.

the king was crying. his lips were twisted into a pout and sobs escaped from his mouth. he cradled quqi close to his chest as he cried, "why... who... i shouldn't have left you alone. it's my fault... i'm sorry. i'm so sorry."

quqi reached her trembling, weak, and bloodied left hand out to cup his right cheek. she took a short gasp of air before she managed to choke out, "don't... don't cry, akihiko." akihiko? i've never heard of this name before.

akihiko sniffed as he reached his right hand out to overlap her hand which was resting on his face. with trembling lips, he begged, "please don't die. stay with me. stay alive for me, my queen."

damn, can this guy give a hint as to who i am already?! quqi was beginning to get impatient as she wanted to know who the hell was she, and whose dying body she was stuck in. however, she smiled just before coughing. liquid trickled down her chin and akihiko stared at her with wide eyes. judging from his reaction, there was no way she had coughed out spit.

"i'll always be by your side, right... right here," she pulled her hand away from his and reached to his chest, pointing to where his heart was, "please... don't forget me."

akihiko shook his head, grabbing her hand and interlacing her fingers with his, "no, no. the royal physician is on his way, so just hang in there."

quqi could feel that she was definitely not going to be alive for long, and she would definitely be dead by the time the royal physician arrived. she slipped her hand out of his and reached for his wrist. a warm and soft glow escaped from her fingertips as she grazed her fingers along his skin. a glowing mark appeared on his wrist where she had touched, one that oddly resembled hers and kageyama's soulmate mark: two small ovals that had one line escaping the end of each of them, resembling two minims.

akihiko looked at her with confusion in his eyes, so she spoke, "this... this is our mark that only we have. our soulmate mark." she paused and smiled before continuing, "remember this mark, akihiko. i hope... i hope that this mark will connect us in our next life, if we ever have one."