48 | nicht eilen

48

nicht eilen [ger.] — do not rush

。°˖✧˖°。

going back to your usual schedule of classes after a well-rested break was never easy. and, in remi's case, after knowing minho's feelings and having a potential to bump into him on campus, was even tougher.

especially since they now share the same theory class.

hence, the moment remi stepped into the lecture theatre and met minho's dark brown eyes, nervousness and anxiety bubbled up in the pit of her stomach, like the initial bubbles that fizz at the bottom of water that was just starting to boil. however, she felt nervous for a completely different set of reasons - she was going to confront him about their relationship.

during the remainder of the winter break, she had carefully pondered over minho's parting words to her.

"what i meant to say is, you should think about yourself more instead of looking over huan-san's life like her fairy godmother. you deserve a shot at love, too." those words echoed at the back of her mind. he did prove a point; she was certainly more invested in her friend's love life that she had seemed to casually forget that she had her own soulmate, too. well, though it was not a given for all soulmates to pursue a romantic relationship with one another, it would still be rather painful to blatantly forget one's soulmate like that.

she sucked in a breath and marched straight towards minho, her spine perfectly straight and her strides wide and confident. to others, it seemed like she knew what she was doing, but deep down, she was sweating bullets and praying that she would manage to enunciate her thoughts perfectly.

"minho." he raised an eyebrow as she approached him, fingers fiddling with the strap of her tote bag. "we need to talk."

"sure," minho pushed himself off his seat, and then headed to the doors of the hall, with remi following suit.

the pair walked down the hallway, passing by students who were going on their own respective ways to their scheduled lectures, before going into a corner down the hallway where people would probably not choose to go to eavesdrop on a conversation. or would probably choose to retreat to to have a make-out session with their significant other. either way, it seemed like the best place for both of them to have a private conversation.

minho turned to face her, a small and gentle smile on his face, "well, this seems like an appropriate place to talk, i assume?"

"yeah, it's perfect," she hummed, pressing her hands together to ground herself. she looked at minho in the eye, then continued, "i thought a lot about what you said the other day..."

he held her gaze and remained quiet, allowing her to take her time to speak. she clasped her hands together, fingers tightening their grip on the back of her hands as she continued, "and you made a point. it's not fair to you and me, and i've come to a decision."

there was a tentative pause, and he looked at her with a warm gaze, waiting for her to continue speaking.

she sucked in a breath, "let's date."

his eyes widened slightly and he almost stumbled back in both shock and confusion at her conclusion, "what?"

"let's date," she repeated, but with more clarity and resolve this time. he opened his mouth to speak, but she pushed on and kept talking, "i know this is unfair to both of us, but i want to do this. i want to date you." there was an awkward pause and she rushed to fill it, "um! this is just a selfish request of mine, so you don't have to agree! we can still take it slow as friends, and—"