28 | agitato

28

agitato [it.] — to play quickly;
with agitation and excitement

tw: coarse/foul/strong language used

。°˖✧˖°。

"i want the details. all the dirty, juicy details."

that was the only thing remi told quqi on monday and kept bugging her during class.

"there was nothing dirty that happened between us," quqi replied, "and could you maybe wait till lunch for me to tell you saturday's events?"

remi pouted and whined, "you can just text it to me on line!"

"nuh-uh, that'll only kill all the suspense that's been built since this morning," quqi lilted, "now could you please let me finish this satb question?"

and so remi waited patiently till lunch to hear the exciting piece of news that she had been dying to hear all day. meanwhile, nakajima was slightly concerned. while he was glad that kageyama and quqi were still friends and nothing more, it bugged him to know that kageyama was already making his move.

as soon as their theory class ended, remi was fast to shove all of her materials into her bag and interlock her arms with quqi, "okay, can you tell me what happened that day now?"

"how about—" quqi turned her head to smile at her friend, then continued, "we go get lunch first, then i'll spill the tea that you've been dying to hear? sounds like a plan?"

"aww, come on, you can just tell me now!" remi whined, hugging quqi's arm closer to her, which reminded the latter of an incessantly stubborn toddler who wanted a brand new toy at a toy store.

"what's up?" nakajima walked up to the two girls, a smile on his face, "did something good happen during your date?"

"it wasn't a date, senpai," quqi shook her head, "i think you've been spending too much time with remi. you're starting to talk a lot like her."

"well, that's because both senpai and i support you and kageyama," remi grinned, and looked over at nakajima, "isn't that right, senpai?"

nakajima returned her gaze with a smile. to others, it seemed bright and cheerful, but quqi noticed the subtle strain behind it and the clench of his jaw when he did that.

"of course," he said, then turning to quqi and giving her a genuine smile.

she frowned, and she could have made a comment on how that alone sounded dubious to her. she wanted to go off tangent and tell him that he need not lie so blatantly, but she kept her mouth shut instead and said, "okay, okay, cupids, i get it. why don't we head to the cafeteria now?"

。°˖✧˖°。

"kageyama's not here today," remi commented as she scanned the faces of the students present in the cafeteria.

"do you think he lives in the canteen or something?" quqi asked. she walked over to a vacant table and sat down, placing her tray of food on the table.

nakajima sat down on the empty chair next to quqi, sliding his tray of food onto the table. this left remi the only option of sitting opposite quqi, so she did just that.

"no, but he always seems to be in the cafeteria as the same time as us," remi said.

remi stabbed at a piece of chicken and waved it in front of quqi, "no more running away, missy. tell us the details of your rendezvous on saturday, now."