36. Too Young

Bucky had taken Morgan to soccer practice and I had stayed back at the house Tony's funeral was tomorrow and we had decided we would have it at their lake house. There wasn't much to do aside from making sure it was all cleaned up for everyone to come over.

Bucky and I agreed we'd tell Morgan tonight. Last night she had asked a few questions about Pepper and Tony and Bucky and I had to brush it off. She was happy to stay with us and god knows Bucky kept her entertained and her mind busy. There was just no way we could hold it from her any longer.

Her dance recital was also in a few days and I wasn't going to have to explain they wouldn't be there. I had gotten daily updates on Pepper from Mindy. Her state had not changed, but Mindy had a lot of things she had wanted to try so she was hopeful. I was considering taking Morgan to go see her since we'd be in town, but I also just didn't know if she was ready for that.

I was in Tony's cabin for the first time since we had all left. It looked just as I remembered it. It was left fairly clean other than some pillows and blankets out of place. The fireplace had the remainder of whatever fire was last set. I walked upstairs and the bedrooms were all made and clean. Morgan's room was tidy and kept as it rarely ever was. I went back down stairs and checked the garage and to my surprise a light was left on.

"Ms.Stark there's something you should see on Mr.Starks work station. I think it was intended for Mrs.Potts, but I have received all information from Stark Tower and I don't think she'll be home to handle it." Friday said.

I walked over to his work station and saw there was his helmet on the table. Clearly not the helmet he was wearing a few days ago but one of his various ones. I picked it up in my hand and turned it over to see it was never taken to combat so clearly he had made this helmet in the last 5 years since it was perfectly intact.

"Mr.Stark has asked that it be played at the funeral tomorrow." Friday said and I was confused.

"He knew he wasn't going to make it back?" I asked Friday realizing what she had said.

"I think the video will answer a lot of questions." Friday said. I held the helmet so curious what he could have been up to, but I needed to respect that he wanted it played at his funeral, not before.

"Anything else Friday?" I asked praying there wasn't anymore surprises.

"Not at the moment Ms.Stark." Friday and I exhaled taking the helmet with me. "I am sorry for your loss."

"Thanks Friday." I said not expecting her to say anything.

I walked out of the garage and closed the door behind me after shutting off the light that had been left on. I went and set the helmet on the center table and walked out making sure to lock the door behind me. I saw Bucky pulling up as I was walking out of the house. Morgan got out of the car still in her dirty soccer gear.

"Is my daddy home yet? Can I go see him?" She asked running up to me.

Bucky was still getting out of the car, but he looked at me with worried eyes. We both knew it was time whether we wanted to admit it or not. I grabbed her hand and took a deep breath.

"We need to have a talk kiddo, let's get in the house."  I said and she didn't argue, but I saw her face full with sadness already. Bucky followed along knowing what was to come and he set her soccer bag by the door and we all went and sat on the couch.

"My daddy says we need to have a talk when I'm in trouble, did I do something wrong?" She asked and I just softly laughed.

"No not at all." I started giving Bucky nervous looks. "We have to tell you something about your parents Morgan."