38. I'm A Monster

We had rushed back to the car after Morgan's performance because it was absolutely pouring rain outside. Today was a really good day for Morgan. She seemed fairly upbeat and happy today. We had a very rough few days with her, but things were starting to look up for her. She had a lot of questions and we wanted to stay as honest yet as gentle as we could. She was just very bummed out.

We got into the car and dried off from how bad the rain was. We all breathed a sigh of relief as we shut the car doors finally. I looked back at Morgan who was setting Bucky's jacket aside as it had been over her head as we ran through the rain. Bucky started the car and I rubbed my eyes acknowledging it was getting late. Morgan was still excited, but she'd crash in an hour or two once we got home.

We got started on the drive home and Morgan sat in the back seat looking over the flowers Peter had gotten her. The drive was long, but very peaceful. I was hungry and ready to make dinner once we got home. I laid my head on Bucky's shoulder as we drove back to our lakefront home.

Once we had gotten home I had started dinner and Bucky went to go help Morgan get dressed and settled. I could hear giggles from upstairs, but I'm sure he was just keeping her entertained while I cooked. I had my glass of wine as I cooked and I heard the sound of a buzzer and giggles coming from upstairs. I was confused for a moment, but then had horror visions that Morgan was trying to cut her hair.

I rushed up stairs wondering what she was doing with a buzzer if Bucky was up there with her. I saw the light on and the sounds coming from the bathroom as I made it to the top of the stairs. I bolted for the door and swung it open.

"Morgan Stark what are you-"

I opened the door to see not only Morgan, but Bucky being caught red handed. Morgan held a pair of hair trimmers in her hand and Bucky was stood frozen in front of me. Morgan was also holding a bunch of Bucky's hair in her hand and she looked caught off guard as I came in.

"I told you to lock the door." Bucky said looking to Morgan.

"I forgot." She shrugging shamefully.

"Surprise." Bucky said with a guilty smile.

"Do you like it? He let me help!" Morgan said excitedly.

I looked at Bucky and while it needed to be evened out it was so different seeing him with shorter hair. He looked at me expectantly and I was just in total shock. He looked so different from the Bucky I had known for years.

"I do, Im just surprised." I said stepping into the bathroom behind Bucky. "You did a great job Morgan."

I pulled at the rough patches on the back of his head and I saw Bucky's face hide a laugh. I looked to Morgan who looked wildly excited to show me.

"Morgan why don't you let Bucky clean himself up and you can go watch some TV before dinner." I suggested.

"Okay!" She said and she headed off downstairs.

"Can you fix it?" He asked looking to me.

"I can." I said laughing and holding my hand out for the buzzer.

I evened out the rough cuts they had done. I was chuckling as I fixed their botched job and couldn't help but find humor in his attempt to surprise me. I hadn't expected him to really ever cut his hair, but I couldn't deny he looked good. I hadn't ever seen him with shorter hair, but I was definitely a fan. I looked him over and set the buzzer down on the counter and we made eye contact in the mirror.

"Do you actually like it?" He asked me with a hesitant face.

"I like it a lot I'm just surprised you wanted to cut it." I said as he stood up to turn around and face me.