59. I Got Lucky

We moved back to the lake house a week later. Morgan happily packed her things into boxes with excitement to just be back at home. She ran right up to her room the instant we opened the doors. I was thankful we left the place cleaned up before we made the move. Our last night here was not one I'd like to remember.

We got moved into the house bringing in every box and piece of furniture back inside that we had taken out less than 2 months ago. I was thankful to have my arm back to normal thanks to Helen. The bullet I was hit with was seriously something that had me never wanting to go within miles of Madripoor ever again. A singular bullet nearly took me out. I could have only imagined what could have happened if I had gotten hit twice.

I was able to move around and carry things without much pain now. She had to have spent a few hours on my arm when she first saw me. She ended up having to use a solution to prevent the muscle degeneration from what little poison was left after the shot. Whatever Sharon did saved my life, but Helen saved me from having a messed up arm for the rest of my life.

I was walking back and forth from the moving van with ease while Bucky was inside putting together our couch. I was excited to unpack and get comfortable here. I grew even more excited when we had pulled out the Christmas tree from the attic. On top of putting all the furniture back we were going to decorate the living room tonight. It made more work for us, but I frankly didn't mind.

With everything going on, it was just weeks away from Christmas. Snow was due this weekend and I hadn't even had a chance to think about Christmas. I had so many gifts to get and things to plan for. I was worried because I had fallen behind, but on another note, I was just excited to get to be home again.

I finished unloading the truck and closed it up knowing Bucky would have to drive it back tomorrow. I went back inside and went upstairs to Morgan's room and peaked my head in. She was sat on her bed and I could see her laid down on her back watching a video on a tablet.

"Whatcha up to?" I asked because I had expected to see her unpacking.

She of all people seemed to be the most excited to get back here. She was hardly in the door earlier before she was rushing upstairs to get back to her room. She lowered the tablet and looked to me. She patted the bed next her and I furrowed my eye brows. I walked over and sat down next to her and saw she was watching a video from a news broadcast of when Loki had attacked the Stark Tower. My eyes looked to the tablet and then back to her and she looked very interested.

"I missed my daddy." She said not looking too happy.

"I miss him too." I said softly and I kicked my shoes off and laid down on the bed next to her. "I remember that day."

I said and her eyes looked at me curiously. I think she had expected me to tell her to get back to unpacking or to turn off the tablet. She was taken back by me crawling up in bed next to her so easily.

"You remember that big fight?" She asked me.

"Of course I do, it was the first time I ever got to fight someone not from earth." I said with a smile.

"My dad said that sometimes you don't remember things because bad guys took away your memories." She said and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah in a way, but I have most of them back. That was actually one of the first things I remembered." I said softly as I laid my head onto her pillow. "That might have been one of my favorite memories."

"What's your favorite?" She asked and I was unsure how how to answer.

"That's a good question, I don't know." I said thinking really hard. "There's a lot of good memories."