49. Silent Treatment

The lab burst into flames and I was sent tumbling backwards as the fire blew around me. I let out a cry and a cabinet came crashing down on top of me. It took me a second to gather my consciousness. Alarms were blaring as everything was on fire. I could see everyone slowly getting to their feet. Bucky's eyes turned to me wildly and he came over and flung the cabinet off of me like it was nothing.

His eyes connected with mine and as soon as he saw I was okay he ripped his eyes away. Everything was shaking around us and I looked around and realized Zemo was no where to be seen. Sharon was slammed into the table next to us and Sam was laid out on the ground. I could see everything starting to catch serious fire and I knew that was nothing but bad news as I noticed all the gas tanks.

We all scrambled up to our feet and started making our way down the stairs to get as far away as possible from this. We were all coughing struggling to get out of here. However a second explosion sent the whole shipping container flying and we went tumbling down the stairs and out back into the shipment yard. We scrambled out and instantly had our guard up. There was still people looking for us.

It didn't take long for shots to be sent our way. We all did our best to stay covered and take out the bounty hunters. Sam said to go left, but Bucky was on his own page. It was a complete disaster and I wasn't sure if we were making it out alive. We all had to hit the deck to avoid getting killed. My shoulder was absolutely killing me, but now wasn't the time to worry about it.

"You like living here?" Sam yelled as he was shooting across the ship yard.

"It's not terrible." Sharon shouted back seeming to be very focused.

"What happened to going left?" Bucky yelled at Sam as he was able to make it to us.

"You went the wrong way!" Sam growled at him through the smoke.

"I was clearing the way!" Bucky screamed waving his now empty gun around.

"I came out first, you had to follow me." Sam said clearly subjecting to this argument.

"And where are we now?" Bucky howled.

"Guys not the time! We're being shot at incase you can't tell!" I roared at them and they both stopped talking for a moment obviously taking the hint.

"I'm out!" Sharon said now out of magazines.

Bucky too was out and Sam and I both were on our last few rounds. We were now stuck in a very bad spot. I sat with my back to a pile of exploded debris trying to read what was next for us. I wanted to conserve my bullets while we were concealed for the moment. Though, I'm not sure how much time we'd have before we were out numbered.

We all looked very worried for a moment, but another explosion went off across the yard. It took a moment to make sense of it, but Zemo had been the cause of it and he started to attack several of the bounty hunters. Sharon called for us to go and we all quickly followed her directions. He seemed to have a grasp on things so I wasn't going to wait around to see if he had it handled.

We ran away from all this mess and two more men jumped onto us as we tried to dive into a shipping container. Bucky shoved us inside and took on the two men. He ripped a pole from the shipping container and whacked one man right in the head and then sent the other one like a javelin into the others chest. I could see his wild eyes as he was worked up and stood still in spot. We unfortunately didn't have time for that. I grabbed him by the chest and pulled him along.

We came out the other side and almost as if on cue a car pulled around. Zemo was in drivers seat and I had so many questions, but not a care in the world to worry about it right now. I was instantly passed by Sam and Bucky who didn't look happy with Zemo.