Yang Xiao Long X Blake Belladonna: Rekindle

(3rd POV)

It was a good morning in the kingdom of Mantle as a certain house in the city named after the kingdom was rented by a team of Hunters and Huntress in training. In the kitchen area Yang Xiao Long, Ruby Rose and Weiss Schnee were telling funny stories about each other before they went to Beacon.

Milk nearly squirted out of Ruby's nose as she and Yang, who was slamming her robot arm on the table, were laughing from telling the story. "You shaved your dad's entire head?!" Yang asked, yelling. "Yep, the hair on top and even his mustache. Surprised he didn't wake up from the noise of the electric razor." Weiss said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Wait! Wait! And you said you did this because dad didn't come to your birthday because he had a press conference with the board of Atlas the next day to focus on? ...Does that mean..." Ruby asked slowly hoping Weiss was going to say yes to her question. Weiss sits the coffee down and chuckles at the memory. "Yep I watched from behind a door as my dad, who was oblivious at the time, did the conference without any hair!" Weiss said.

The sisters began laughing hard imagining what the look on his face must have been. "I swear the second he figured it out he ran out of the room screaming like a banshee calling Klein." Weiss said as the sisters continued laughing. "I know it was hard to imagine you as a rebel as you love following the rules and all that, but after hearing that story my view on you just changed." Yang laughed.

Near the end of the laughing that probably woke up everyone in the neighborhood better than a rooster could, the sliding door slid open, catching Ruby's attention. "Hey uncle Qrow, did you and the others come back with breakfast..." Ruby said as she slowly turned around to see who was at the door way. There stood Blake Belladonna. "Hey guys." Blake said a small smile as the atmosphere in the room went from humorous to silent and awkward.

Blake returned from Menagerie a few days ago with other Faunus to stop Adam Taurus and while that happened Blake reunited with the rest of team RWBY. Once the violent White Fang seemed to surrender Blake decided to join up with the others for their fate of the world mission they were on. Almost everyone welcomed Blake back with open arms. Almost. The only one who wasn't exactly with her jumping on the welcome wagon was Yang. Her girlfriend.

Back at Beacon they started dating before the Vytal Festival as the two of them started going on dates after Blake let it slip she found Yang attractive. Yang decided to offer a date to Blake who accepted and practically no time later the two of them got closer together.

It looked like it was smooth sailing from then on, but of course the fall of Beacon happened. People died, Grimm overran the academy and most people went their separate ways and to their home kingdoms. This was how Team RWBY split apart.

Ruby and Yang went back to Patch since it was where their home was, so there was no problem there. Unlike with Weiss, who was practically dragged back to Atlas and live with her father after just escaping him. Blake out of all four girls had no one to drag her back to her home. Which made it sadder for all the other girls when she left on her own free will. Yang being the most upset of them all. To her, Blake leaving her was just upsetting when she found out her birth mother left her practically the day after she was born.

Blake has been trying to talk with Yang alone the past few days, but usually Yang would make sure there was someone else with her and when she couldn't do that she said she had something important to do and left the room. Yang knew they were gonna talk soon, but she didn't want it to be too soon.

Weiss and Ruby then noticed how quiet and cold it was in the room and decided they didn't want to touch this with a ten foot pole. They looked at each other and slightly nod as they agreed if there was ever going to be a chance to make their other two teammates talk and end this awkward quietness that followed the two girls after just spotting each other in the same hallway. "Hey Weiss, didn't Ozpin want us to freshen up the training room?" Ruby asked.