(34) Peaceful

"There's a tracker on Tori's car right?" My neck snapped to look at Rayner's pissed face. "Excuse me?" My voice hitched an octave. "You put a tracking device on my vehicle?!" I couldn't help the anger spilling out of me at Rayner. He pursed his lips squeezing his eyes shut glaring at Beck for outing yet another secret of his.

"Yes, but it's not—" I stood not wanting to hear it facing the door waiting. "Tori please don't leave like this." I didn't turn around. "He's almost here." An officer told us pulling up the feed from the tracker on my car. When had he snuck a tracking device on my car? I understood he worried but that was a total invasion of privacy.

"Tori." Beck caught my arm and attention. "We will have you out and taken care of as soon as we have what we need I promise." I nodded feeling numb now and I didn't have time to respond because there was a knock on the hotel door. I jumped and peeked through my hair at Rayner who was bouncing his foot resisting the urge to jump up and stop me it seemed. I waved weakly opening the door just wide enough he could see me and not the ten men in the room.

"Hi!" I screwed on a smile trying to add some enthusiasm in slipping out quickly. "Let's go check on Kato." He wrapped his arm around me friendly as usual like nothing was different. But it was different, there was something just off. Barely noticeable, but there now that I knew there was something he'd been hiding. I couldn't fuck this up yet tho so I played along.

I leaned my head against him pretending things were fine. "Are you good? I can't believe what happened at the apartment. Are you even safe?" He looked around and if I didn't know better I would've believed he was actually worried about me. "I should be fine, I'm just ready to have Kato back and get back to normal." I said blandly getting into the passenger side of my car. "You know where the vets office is right?" I inquired unsure of if he'd actually take me to the vets office and this would be a total bust.

"Of course." He assured turning onto the busy street. We drove about 45 minutes out before I realized there was no way it was this far away. He really was going to just hand me over on a silver platter. I felt a tear slip down my cheek. "Almost there." He lied, "You okay? Are you crying?" I wiped my tear, "Yeah I'm just worried about that dumb dog." I sniffed actually crying over his betrayal. He gripped the steering wheel tighter not saying anything.

We drove down a couple back roads and into a strange area where there wasn't much around but desert. "This vet's office sure is in the middle of no where." I laughed nervously knowing for sure he wasn't leading us to the vet's office now. More tears slipped down my cheeks as I stared out the window at the mountains and tried to remember my way back from here in case I needed to. A left, a right, under an overpass, another left—

"Tori..." Jackson interrupted my thought process, "Hmm?" I asked looking at him still silently crying. "I'm really sorry." I nodded glaring out through the windshield. "I know." My lip wobbled, "You don't even know what I'm sorry for." Jackson really thought I was this naive. I kept my eyes out the window looking at the horizon.

"I have an idea." I was careful with my words in case I tipped him off too much. He stopped the car outside of a garage. "Tori..." He whispered, "This isn't the vet's office is it?" My voice was as quiet as his but even. "I'm so fucking sorry..." His eyes were teary, "You don't understand. They've threatened to hurt my family. They burned down my parents house." He swallowed unable to look at me. "They've tortured and ruined my life in every aspect. I held on for a long time Tori. I really tried, but when they send you pieces of your mother in the mail you fold." He laughed humorlessly popping open the glove box revealing his mother's blood painted finger in a plastic baggy.

I gagged, "Tori they promised they wouldn't hurt you." I laughed ripping at my hair finally looking him in the eyes. His stormy blues were so confused and conflicted. I couldn't fully blame him for turning me in, wouldn't I have done the same thing for my mother? "What are we waiting for then?" I answered boredly knowing they might not hurt me but the odds were higher that they would. "Here." He handed me a blindfold. "They want you to wear it." Jackson helped me tie it behind my head. "I'm not gonna let them hurt you." He swore, but it wasn't his promise to keep.

Jackson led me inside the building and even blindfolded I could tell it was fairly dark in here. I clutched Jackson's arm for life despite the fact he was the one handing me over to the wolves. He let me go momentarily. "Jackson?" I gasped afraid to be helpless and blind in the dark. "I'm here." He whispered grabbing my elbow leading me again taking both of my hands in his stopping me. This room fell open and drafty.

"Palms flat together." I heard another deep voice in the corner and I got a sick feeling. I was positive it was Riley. "Bind her wrists." Riley instructed. "Riley she's not going to figh—" Riley cut him off tossing something across the room and it shattered loudly off the walls.

"Your mother's running out of fingers Jack should I start on her toes or are you gonna tie her the fuck up?!" Riley snapped, "Just do it Jack it's okay." I told him knowing now just how serious this situation was. "Awe so sweet. Have you told her how you got her piss drunk and fucked her to earn her trust?" I shivered knowing he was trying to drive a wedge and break my spirit. Jackson squeezed my wrist comforting me then tied me. "Tighter." Riley grumbled obviously about to take over if Jackson didn't cooperate.

"It's okay." I said silently nodding encouraging him to listen. I winced when the rope bit into my skin, "Now this." I heard something thump on the ground beside our feet. Jackson bent over to grab the item, the air shifting with him. He slipped another chord through the loop around my wrist.

"Tie her up right there." Riley instructed and I heard Jackson's fingers working after he pulled me forward a bit. "Stand over there." Riley said coming closer to me now that I was restrained. I still couldn't see him but I heard his footsteps and felt his nearness. I tried to pretend this wasn't terrifying but I knew the fear was stamped across my face.

"Tsk, tsk. You have been a really naughty girl haven't you?" I flinched when his long cold finger traced my cheek curling under my chin. "You drugged me?! And then what broke into my house? What was the motive then?" He demanded to know, "I want answers and I want the fucking money your disgusting parents stole!" He screaming in my face. "I don't know where the money is." I told him vaguely knowing it didn't matter what I did or if I told him Ramona had the money he wanted to exact his revenge. This was personal now.

"Let's not forget your fucking mutt mauled my face." He seethed, "Guess we will be even now." I smarted off because one of his men had scarred my face. "So much fire. I'll have to fix that." He said lowly leaning closer to me and I felt cold metal trace the lower half of my scar on my cheek. "Reopening my scar. How original." I barked back not sure where the courage came from, maybe the months of harbored anger and resentment I harbored toward him. "Don't worry princess I was only admiring it. I'm not gonna hurt you... yet." He chuckled lowly. "Give her the dose, my father will be expecting us immediately." So this was only a post for the real trap. Jackson returned to my side his hand snaked around to the middle of my back.

"I'm so sorry." Jackson whispered again and then I felt a sharp pain and a coldness shoot in my arm before the spinning happened. I slumped forward in slow motion as Jackson's arm braced around me helping me slowly to the floor. "It's gonna be okay." Jackson told me supporting my head petting my hair while I slipped into an oblivion of darkness and rest. This was much more peaceful. I was happy to stay here for awhile; asleep.