(35) A Visitor

I shifted groggily feeling stiff as a board on a small twin mattress on the floor in a small room without a blindfold. My wrists were still tied and attached to the rope which was attached to a metal pipe behind the bed above my head. I twisted my wrists turning so I could sit up on my knees coming to in a panic. "Fuck." I had no inkling of what time it was or where I was. Someone had changed me though into a plain white shirt and a pair of thin gray pants. My shoes and cell phone were gone as was the dog tag that was suppose to be apart of our "fail proof plan." I was totally fucked and as I realized that I knew I had to start plotting. I looked around for anything that could be useful seeing there was only a bed pan in the corner and this mattress. The walls were dirty blocks with piping along the walls. 

I knew I was below the surface level based on the cool temp and humidity. I pulled on my restraints testing Jackson's tie job. He hadn't even left a single knot loose his witchcraft knot tied immaculately. Luckily I'd seen videos about what to do in this situation so I started sawing away hoping I'd be able to free my hands with the friction. The ropes ate into each other and slowly I started to see them fray and saw away. I sawed quickly with all my strength and had my hands free within seven minutes. "Yes." I celebrated quietly when the ropes fell from my sore wrists. I rubbed at the rope burn and bruising turning fully to get a better look at the room. 

I stood checking the door quietly of course it was locked. I looked for any kind of ventilation system or some other exit seeing there was nothing but the door. "Damnit." I chewed on my thumbnail running my hand through my ratted hair. I had no idea what I was going to do or how I was suppose to be found now that they'd taken everything and relocated me. I had to hope they'd been stealthy enough to follow us to this location. I felt my heart start to race and knew I had to get it together before I went fully mental. 

I did some breathing exercises and then searched the room for something I could use as a weapon. If I couldn't escape I'd fight. I pulled on the pipes seeing they were all reinforced steel and not loose. The mattress had no springs and was just a thin prison mattress with nothing under it. The bedpan was empty and I supposed I could use it to bash someone over the head but it wasn't exactly easy to hide. I sat back down cross legged on the mattress on the floor feeling defeated. I couldn't afford to give up, but there was nothing I could do but wait and pray it was Jackson that walked through that door and not someone else. I could surely talk some sense into Jackson and I didn't believe he would personally hurt me once it came down to it. 

I jumped to my feet when the door handle jiggled unlocking. I grabbed a bit of the rope that had been wrapped around my wrists and pushed myself against the wall behind where the door was opening. Maybe I could get lucky enough to get them from the back and choke them. "Tori?" Jackson lingered by the door looking around the empty room not seeing me finally finding me cowering behind the door as he closed it. He closed the door and leaned against it staring at me guiltily. "What are you going to do to me Jackson?" I asked finally after a few moments of silence. He just looked down and couldn't meet my eyes. "How long have you been conspiring with these people? Was that you with Burns and Dominik? Did you enjoy watching them beat me?" I fired not really wanting to know the answer. "Is that why you fucked me? Cause you wanted me to trust you? Well it worked." He glared at me shaking his head breathing heavily. 

"You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't know you until you came to our school." He was sweating and looked exhausted like he hadn't slept in days. "You don't understand the shit I've been through since you left Pittsburgh." He had wild eyes and I almost feared him, after all I didn't know what to believe from him anymore. "Stop looking at me like you're waiting for me to hurt you. I'm not going to hurt you. They don't know I'm in here, if they did we'd both be dead. I don't know what the plan is Tori they don't trust me, but I do know you weren't ever suppose to get hurt in the beginning. That day when your parent's died..." He trailed off swallowing. "They were only suppose to kidnap you, for ransom. Maverick- he only wants the money they owed him, but that dirty cop and the other one went rogue. Th-the third one wasn't me, it was Riley he was just a kid and ran off. He's changed now; darker." He winced like he was remembering something. "I wasn't involved until after that night in the warehouse. I don't know what your parent's did with that money but if you do, you need to tell me right now. I can't guarantee your safety without it. And I know it's all fucked and we are both fucked and deep in this... but they're going to kill my mom without it. So please Tori, I know I'm the last one who should be asking for favors but if you know what happened just tell them. These are bad fucking people, dark mafia shit. I hate your parents did this to you, you shouldn't have to be here to clean this up." I felt angry hot tears staining my face, but I couldn't argue. My parents had done this to me, my life had been one big illusion. 

"I don't know where the money is Jackson... how much money?" Maybe I could somehow pay these people off. I had inherited a pretty good chunk of money after my parents passed, but I'd let it all go if it meant we would all walk free. I'd blown through quite a bit of it really quickly though and there was maybe a couple hundred thousand left. Jackson's jaw clenched, "Five million." My heart stuttered and I knew I didn't even have close to that. I wiped my hand over my face angry, "You know that I don't have that much money." He nodded and a few tears fell from his own eyes staring into space, coming back to attention when I told him my theory. "I think Ramona stole that money. She was holding the money at the club and was in charge of transporting it with Burns. She has to know where the money went. My parents wouldn't have jeopardized us for that money, especially if they knew they'd die because of it. I know they aren't exactly honorable after all this, but they never would hav-" I shuddered squeezing my arms. Jackson stood up straight analyzing what I'd said. He looked like he was connecting dots in his head pacing the small room. 

"What is is?" I whispered watching him rip at his hair, "I think you're right..." He told me nodding  his head with a determined look. "Ramona, she told me how she recently had come into some money and remodeled her home. Fucking bitch!" He kicked the thin mattress angrily wiping his mouth. "It's gonna be okay Tori. We gotta get the fuck out of here, I'm not going to let them hurt you because of Ramona." He shook his head, "What about your mom?" I asked quietly and he looked down at me and I could tell it was eating him alive trying to decide what was the right thing to do. "What did you do with the dog tag I was wearing?" I had an idea that just might work, but I needed that necklace. He fished through his pocket, "I didn't want them to steal it. I know you wore it a lot..." He admitted handing it to me, "They burned your clothes though." I snatched it from him looking down at it with a smile. 

"You saved us and you don't even know it." I said triumphantly. "Don't do anything Jackson. Keep doing what you're told, and find out where they're keeping your mom." He looked down at me like I was insane. "Just trust me. Go and don't give yourself away. It'll be okay I have a good feeling." He shook his head skeptically, "No. Riley... he's mad. No just angry but actually insane mad. We need to get out of here." I grabbed his hand squeezing it lightly. "Just trust me. When you find out where your mom is, tell Rayner and leave. Don't worry about me." I figured it would be better for Jackson not to know what my necklace did in case he actually was full dark side. He kept shaking his head no, "Jackson." I squeezed my nose, "Trust me. I'm going to be okay." I told him, "Go find your mom now." He was going over something in his head looking into my eyes sadly but agreed leaving after squeezing my hand back. 

The second he was gone I put the necklace in my pocket not wanting them to find it knowing it was too risky to wear it. They could still hear even if they couldn't see. "Beck if you're listening you better come fucking find me when it counts." I threatened hoping he heard me, falling back down on the mattress to wait for whatever came next. My stomach growled and I had to pee so bad it hurt, but I'd hold it before I used that bedpan. Maybe I could wet myself at some point to get away. I laughed thinking about how inappropriate it was that I was finding any humor in this situation at all. My therapist was gonna love this one when I told her.