(14) Moving Day

"This place is so much nicer than the one bedroom." The increase of space was the most exciting part for me especially considering Kato was not a little puppy anymore. Jackson snatched the heavy box from my hands. "Don't get me wrong I was definitely grateful for having a place to go that wasn't roach infested but having my own space is going to be incredible." I was happy that he'd have a room to put his things.

"Definitely removes the clutter from the living room, if only you could learn to do laundry without turning everything pink." I teased which earned me an eye roll. "I was honestly just trying to do something nice for you Tori I told you I was sorry about that!" The defensive tone in his voice had me laughing hysterically but I immediately quit laughing when Rayner's indifferent face was peeking into the open doorway. "I will just give you some space." Jackson decided disappearing into his new bedroom.

Breaking the news to Rayner that I didn't want to live with him was painful enough but the included detail that I was moving into a two bedroom apartment with Jackson was a blow even he wasn't expecting. I knew this was better for me right now though and I tried to make him feel as though it was because I wouldn't be left alone as much but that didn't seem to ease his distaste to the situation. Things had been tense between us since and we hadn't really talked it out yet. I absolutely was not going to do it while I was in the middle of moving.

"Hey..." I trailed off standing in front of his stiff figure. He didn't say anything and I grew uncomfortable beneath his betrayed eyes. "Rayner, I don't want to argue with you about this. I just feel like this is the smartest move for me. I just met your family Rayner, I don't want to jump into this too quickly. Can you respect that?" I knew my heart and there was an underlying reason but I couldn't admit I was afraid that I might realize we weren't meant to be if I moved in with him and I wasn't ready to let him go.

"There are so many responses buzzing in my brain right now Tori but I don't want to hurt you anymore so I just came to make peace with your decision. By no means does this mean I have accepted that you want to live here with Jackson but I can't change your mind. I love you, so I will support you." He shrugged stuffing his hands in his pockets in defeat. I smiled because we were getting somewhere and discussing this healthily. "I came by to tell you I wont be around for a few days, more Eliza business. You can respect that cant you?" He was throwing my words back in my face and we were back to square one just like that. I didn't have the strength to argue with him anymore so I just gave a curt nod. He kissed my forehead and jogged down the stairs. I knew immediately his was furious with me because he didn't give me a proper goodbye.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jackson's signature smirk was plastered on pissing me off. I didn't respond and instead went to get more stuff to move there was a lot of work to do. Rayner hadn't offered to help us move and I felt it was incredibly inappropriate to ask him but to my surprise he was already in my old apartment disassembling my bed frame for me.

My breath caught in my throat and I was so happy he was still here. I stepped over the wooden platforms surrendering in his arms. He gathered me up just as he always did. "I thought you left." He scoffed, "And let Jackson get all the glory for helping? Not a chance." I smiled and felt a single tear trickle down my cheek. "Hush Angel, we have work to do." He kissed away my tear and went back to work. I grabbed a handful of my clothes and carried them to the next building and placed the hangers in my new closet. This was going to take all night.

Somehow Jackson and Rayner had put their squabble aside to move the couches and heavy furniture over together and with the three of us in a matter of hours we had moved everything. Jackson was busy in his own room while Rayner was helping me in mine and we were quiet for awhile until I couldn't take it anymore.

"Thank you. I know you didn't want to help or want this, but you helped anyway. You don't know how much that means to me." He'd just finished reassembling my bed in the new space and after my appreciation was shown he stepped over my mess to me. He pulled me into him kissing me angrily. I felt every bit of his frustration along with my own with each time his lips moved against mine. We worked out our problems with our passion for each other. He leaned his forehead against mine with closed eyes.

"I love you no matter where you are." His voice was laced with lust but I felt his sincerity and his lips were back on mine. He pushed me backwards against the bare wall grinding his groin into mine. Our lips moved hungrily against one another's. This was going to become unstoppable if I didn't pull away now. "Rayner." My hands rested on his chest pulling away even though that is the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen right now. He stepped back a little his hands still resting greedily on my hips. He flashed me his teeth kissing me one last time then he lifted me in his arms tossing me gently on the bed. "Get back to work slacker." I smoothed my hair down bouncing off the bed and tackling the mess all around us until my room was mostly put away and the place was live-able for now.

"See you soon?" I questioned seeing Rayner off. He nodded his head pecking me sweetly on the lips. He grabbed his coat gave Jackson a nod and left for the night. Jackson whistled lowly, "Who knew he'd be so helpful?" He had a mischievous look on his face that I knew was trouble. "I'm going to bed, stop looking at me like that." His smirk never left his face even after I shut myself away behind my door.