(6) Party Crasher

I watched over my shoulder nervously as if at any moment Rayner would be there. I knew eventually I had to see him but I wasn't prepared for it by any means. I knew he would be confused by everything that had happened in the last hour and definitely wouldn't be happy with Jackson staying in my apartment. He wouldn't allow it.

The second Eliza strutted through the door looking like absolute perfection my heart sank. It was nauseating to see everyone turn to look at her and drool. I rolled my eyes when I saw that even Jackson was doe eyed and melting into a puddle just from the sight of her. I couldn't blame them though, she was a celebrity.

Rayner was right behind her along with another man who was equally as good looking and slightly shorter than him. They were both dressed in all black suits and scoped out the place for threats because that was what they were paid to do. Immediately I thought I should hide but I needed to get this part over with. His eyes eventually fell on mine.

I locked eyes with Rayner's hard working ones that immediately softened and grew a shade lighter. His face contorted with confusion giving me a questioning look. I hadn't explained that I got a job here. We hadn't spoken much since Thanksgiving. I'd been with my newly estranged family and he was doing whatever he was doing. We were losing touch lately. I didn't want this to be over before it had even started but it was headed south because we couldn't communicate effectively and healthily not that we ever really could.

My boss shook me from my daze grabbing my arm pulling me toward Eliza and her handsome body guards. One of which use to watch out for me. I crossed my arms awkwardly behind my back staring at the ground hoping Eliza had forgotten what I looked like. "Oh Tonya is that you?" Anger boiled inside of me the minute Eliza addressed me. She was pretending to forget my name on purpose.

"Tori." I corrected calmly trying not to snap ten minutes into this event. Ramona snapped her neck to look at me obviously shocked that I knew a celebrity of this caliber. "We have met before in passing." I explained nonchalantly trying not to give her too much attention so she knew I didn't think much of her. Ramona smiled widely excited that I was already familiar with this girl but I couldn't agree less.

"Amazing! Well Eliza Tori has a room all set up for you. This way darling." Ramona motioned and Eliza flipped her hair and followed her down the hall all eyes still focused on her. Rayner strayed behind a bit to walk with me. He stopped me standing awkwardly in front of me waiting for me to explain myself.

"What are you doing here Tori?" Rayner spoke first gripping my arm carefully as if I would shove  him away and book it for the door. Which I definitely wasn't opposed to doing considering this moment was so tense.

"I work here now." I explained watching to see his reaction. Rayner turned a shade of magenta. I'd only seen him blush on rare occasions but he looked truly embarrassed. He stared at me apologetically before kissing me on the forehead and walking away. My heart tugged again in my chest. I ached for him. I wanted so badly to cuddle into his arms and forget this mess that honestly shouldn't matter in the first place. We should be in a mature enough relationship to handle this time apart.

I walked past the bar, Jackson looked at me with a pained smile and turned back around to get to work. I followed behind the celebrity and my boss since I was suppose to be assisting her. "Tori!" Ramona snapped turning to give me an order. "Would you please make sure the stage is in place and that my workers are making sure everything is sound? I want nothing to go wrong tonight. It's my head if it does." I nodded jogging away happy not to have to look at Eliza or Rayner any longer than I had to.