(28) Returning Misunderstanding

First, let me apologize for the long wait. I have had trouble with this chapter and it is still just kind of thrown together, but I had to get out of the funk. No better way than to just write whatever comes to mind! I hope you enjoy nonetheless and I promise the next chapter won't be such a long wait. Love you thank you for the support! Also HMB has almost reached a MILLION views. What? That's insane! I would love to do something special for you all! Offer me suggestions?

Anyway next chapter will be up soon!

_____________________________

Bones heal stronger after they break which is sort of like when your mom ties your laces in a double knot. Your body is always prepared for the worst and is incredibly resilient to whatever the world has to throw at it, but what if it weren't? What if your mom had been in a hurry that day and not double knotted your shoelace? Your shoe would betray you and you would fall. I was use to falling, my metaphorical shoe betraying me, my bones breaking, my world shattering. I always managed to pick up the pieces and come back stronger. This time I wasn't sure I could survive anymore trauma. My bones were tired, my bones were weak, my bones were no longer resilient to the hardships the world threw at them. This didn't stop trouble from finding me though. No matter how well I hid myself, no matter how well I pretended things were normal. They weren't, and never could be.

My parents would always be dead, my family would never be able to look at me, my mind would always stay panicked, people would always stare, and I would always be in danger as long as there were people that wanted to harm me. Regardless of the fact I hadn't a clue what I personally had ever done, other than exist. The money wasn't worth my freedom, I thought staring out my window. I'd been cooped up in my small apartment for two entire weeks. Unable to go to school despite the fact Rayner had told me I would be allowed to. I couldn't leave the confounds of these walls. I couldn't even walk my own dog and therefore Rayner had taken responsibility for him for the time being, giving him back to me on the weekends.

I told myself it was because they thought I was a flight risk. I told myself it was because of what I'd done the last time, and the trouble that amounted because of it. I even told myself it was for my own good, but it didn't make anything better. There was a man watching my front door constantly and another man who patrolled 12 hours of the day around my complex. I was losing my mind in here, especially because Jackson hadn't so much as called. He'd promised me he'd be gone for a few days. It had now been weeks. He wasn't coming back, I'd convinced myself.

Rayner had not come to visit me either just to bring Kato. I'd been placed under Officer Barnes care whose name was eerily similar to Burns and despite the fact I'd expressed this made me uncomfortable, nothing had been done about it. He only came inside to sleep as per Chiefs orders. I assumed it was because they didn't want me falling in love with him too despite the fact he was 46 years old. He slept in a sleeping bag beside the front door which properly distressed me even more. Another man was suppose to relieve him tomorrow for two weeks which disturbed me even, even more because it meant I would still be trapped here. They'd decided relocating me wasn't necessary which would be great if I were allowed to leave, the school had been contacted and my professors were sending all my work via email so I was okay in that department. I was however; still incredibly bored and lacking in vitamin D. A small rasp of a knock at my bedroom door disturbed me from my self-loathing-pity-party.

"Miss Manzano may I allow a Jackson inside he is claiming to live here?" I jumped up from my spot rushing to the door but before I could reach it Officer Barnes grabbed my arm gently. "Allow me Miss." I refrained from rolling my eyes and allowed Barnes to open the door nodding his head and then Jackson was pushing his way in with a heavy bag in his hands. He looked exhausted and I could smell the warmth he brought in on his clothing which made me want to go outside. Kato wagged his tail happily beside Jackson who held onto his leash. I crouched down greeting the excited dog I hadn't seen in a few days surprised Rayner had handed him over to the guy he'd tried to fight. Officer Barnes didn't waste time stepping back outside to his post wanting nothing to do with us.