(25) The Call for Help

Very unedited, I'm lazy but here ya go lovelies!

***

I had to be suicidal. That was all there was to what I had planned for this evening. I had invited Riley out as if I had zero value of life. I shouldn't have been so curious, it was dangerous to be this curious about anything let alone something that could actually get me killed. I had no idea what Riley was capable of or the kinds of people he was involved with which was exactly why I invited him out. I wanted intell on my parents deaths and this was the only lead I had. I needed to get to the bottom of whatever Riley was talking about and those emails I'd found on Ramona's computer. The police were getting no where as far as I was concerned and I had to take matters into my own hands even if it meant putting myself in danger. My parents deserved justice.

I decided a public place would be the best place to start in case he tried any funny business. He wouldn't draw that kind of attention to himself in front of a bunch of people or at least I hoped he wouldn't. I also invited Maia which was a selfish decision because she could potentially be brought into something she knew nothing about but I needed insurance. She was my insurance, not to mention Riley and her already knew each other so it wouldn't be weird. Maia was going to act as my ice breaker and collateral. I felt like she was my unknowing human shield.

I didn't know either of these people well and I was extremely nervous. I tried holding myself together for my sanity but I was having a lot of trouble because I did suffer from anxiety. I took a cab to the spot we were suppose to be meeting and I gave myself a quick pep talk before messaging Mai asking where they were.

Inside.

The simple text had my heart racing and I almost convinced myself I should leave, most people listened to their intuition and those types of bad vibes. I was not like most people and that was why I got myself into these scenarios. I took a shaking breath shaking myself out. "Stop being a little bitch Tori." I wanted to slap myself but I thought that was taking it too far so I went into the building instead scanning the bodies in the room for Riley and Mai. I saw them before they saw me and before I could totally chicken out and run in the opposite direction Mai saw me and ran to me. She pulled me into a tight hug surprising me pulling away before I had time to hug her back.

"Come on Riley got us VIP seating, his dad does business with the owner. Come on." Riley eyed me up and down with a grin on his face, but his green eyes were mischievous and I didn't trust him. I had to be on my toes tonight. My heart was still racing, my palms sweaty, mouth dry. My legs were shaking and the bass pounding off the walls was not calming my nerves.

Mai slid into the booth first and then I slid in next to her followed by Riley and I realized how compromising my position was. I was trapped between them, I'd allowed them to cage me in the C shaped booth. I wasn't sure they knew my reasons for bringing them here but I hadn't been cautious enough and I was just getting started. I had to remain calm. "Hey, you good?" Riley questioned laying his hand on my thigh. My stomach clenched the second I felt his skin touch my exposed leg. "Fine." I offered him my cheekiest smile pretending I wasn't cringing internally.

"Want a drink?" I shook my head realizing I'd declined much too quickly and too persistently. I had to think quickly they were already smelling the fear on my face. "Oh, I already had a few drinks on the way over." I lied. "Maybe later, I have to see how I'm feeling." He grinned cheesily and Mai already had a shot down her throat. "I have to catch up Tori!" She laughed maniacally throwing back two more drinks. I swallowed the lump in my throat and watched Riley sip on his drink slowly throwing some major side eye at me.

"So you missing Jackson?" Riley questioned, a smug look on his face. I shrugged letting out a breathy laugh staring at my hands. I had to make him believe I was into him. I peered up at him through my lashes chewing on my lip, feeling sick that I was putting on this show for him.

"I'm lonely if that's what you're asking." Mai choked on her drink at my pretend admission. Riley's eyes visibly darkened and I swear I saw his pants jump, but I was trying to to notice. "Let's dance!" Mai suggested grabbing my arm yanking me to the floor. Flashbacks of Rayner and I in a place like this hurt my heart and I wondered what he was doing at this moment and if he was thinking of me too. She was already trashed from the three shots and sips of her fruity drink. Mai was a dirty dancer and I danced with her having fun despite the fact it was all a show for Riley. I gave him my best bedroom eyes as he sipped on his glass staring intently at us.

"Let's go to the bathroom!" Mai shouted over the music, pulling me to the restroom. It was a single person bathroom and she'd luckily snagged it before the next wave of drunk girls needing to pee lined up. "I'll wait here." I told her leaning against the dirty wall nervously alone people watching. I checked my cell phone seeing no one had tried contacting me. I slid my phone back into my clutch waiting for Mai who was taking forever. I was just about to knock when I felt a presence beside me.

"What are we doing here Tori?" I gulped thinking Riley had caught on to me. "I just figured we could get to know each other..." I leaned closer to him walking my fingers over his chest. "Our families are both a part of the same club after all, we come from the same people. We have things in common, we both know when we see something we want and we take it." He stopped my hand with his holding it a bit tighter than my liking. I pretended he wasn't hurting me.

"You're wild, you know?" He inquired rhetorically staring at my cleavage obviously. I made myself not cringe, I needed him to tell me things and this was the only way I knew how to get what I needed out of him. "Come back to my house with me." He licked his lips. I had to think about this. I wasn't prepared for this not to mention the fact I could never fight him off alone if I needed to. I don't know what possessed me to nod my head but I did. "Okay, I need to use the restroom first." He brushed a hair from my face nodding his head, his eyes lustful. "Be quick. I'll get rid of Mai." He promised going back to the booth.

After Mai emerged from the bathroom I rushed in feeling bile rising in the back of my throat. What the hell was I doing? There was no way I was going to get the truth out of Riley. What if he didn't even know the truth? How was I going to get on the topic? I couldn't just blurt it out!

Hey Riley, by the way did your dad murder my parents? 

I was dead meat if I didn't think of something fast. I pulled out my phone finally listening to my intuition and dialed the one person I knew would have my back and know what to do. The only person I trusted with my life and that I knew would do anything to keep me safe. I heard my heart pound in my ears with every ring until a sleepy, "Hello?" came over my phone. I hesitated before answering knowing I was making the right decision ultimately.

"Rayner? I need your help."

***

Vote, Comment, Share.

Love you!