(1) Green-Eyed Monster

I bobbed my head slowly to the loud music currently deafening me. THE Eliza Grace was about to perform and her opening act was on stage hyping up the crowd. I looked over to Rayner whose eyes were sparkling in the colored lights. He noticed my staring almost immediately giving me his sideways grin.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Rayner shouted at me leaning closer to my ear so I could properly hear him. Our seats were literally right up on the side of the stage giving us a view of both the crowd and the act. I was glad we weren't in the standing area cause I probably would've had to punch some of the little teeny boppers who were screaming their heads off at the unknown to me artist. I couldn't believe how people lost their minds for famous people.

"Yeah!" I smiled back happily adjusting my short skirt that I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable in. I don't know why I felt the need to look extra hot tonight, but it was probably the fact that I knew Eliza would be stunning. The only way I would ever feel more comfortable is if I looked at least half as good as her, thus making myself uncomfortable. Girl logic didn't have to make sense, but I was not about to feel inferior beside the goddess of a woman Eliza Grace.

Rayner didn't seem to mind my sexier choice in clothing tonight. His toned arm hadn't left my exposed midriff yet which I didn't mind in the slightest. I was wearing a hot pink bandage crop top, a white high waisted skater skirt that barely covered my bottom, and paired the outfit with my black red bottom heels. I overdid myself a bit spending extra time dolling myself up for tonight perfecting my hair and makeup. I wanted to at least look like I was in Rayner's league which was ranked somewhere in the middle of 'Scrumdidiliuptious' and 'Hubba Hubba'. 

Just then I realized the opening act had introduced Eliza and were exiting the stage blowing kisses dramatically. The lights onstage blacked out and for some unknown reason my stomach turned with anxiety. We were seeing her for the first time together, and somewhere in the back of my mind I was nervous that Rayner would see something in her. Something he'd seen in me. Something that would have him wanting her more than me. I knew I was giving into a certain green-eyed monster, but I couldn't help myself because Rayner really was a prize.

Lots of lights and pyro erupted around the stage and out came Eliza who was rising from somewhere below practically glowing. Her whole face smiling beautifully as she breathed in the roaring crowd screaming her name. She looked so perfect dressed in a typical sparkly two piece  popstars wear nowadays. I took a deep breath partially wanting to cover Rayner's eyes because she was showing a bit too much skin to my liking until I realized I was being ridiculous now.

He didn't seem to shift moods even in the slightest though, there was no dreamy look in his eyes. No 'Aha!' moment, just all smiles clearly enjoying being in the crowd listening to her sweet voice belt out her latest hit song. Rayner glanced at me and his smile was immediately wiped clean off his face probably because I had an incredibly sour look on my face. I couldn't hold onto the jealousy any longer and I felt it overwhelming me in a way I hadn't anticipated. I wanted Rayner all to myself and the fact that this was his next assignment terrified me.

"What is it?" He frowned snuggling me closer into him, facing me forcing me to look at him. I shook my head smiling reassuringly I was being ugly for no reason. I'm sure she was a nice girl, not to mention the fact that they put her in outfits like that on purpose to get a reaction from the crowd. Rayner was not immune to all of the beauty in the world, it didn't mean he wanted every girl that walked by. I had to keep telling myself that he'd chosen me. I pulled his ear to my mouth so I didn't have to shout over the excited people who were exploding around us.