(4) Wrong

I was regretting ever agreeing this would be okay. I had seen Rayner maybe three hours this week. Eliza's threats were getting worse and I feared for even Rayner's life at this point. Maybe if she wasn't such a bitch she wouldn't have any enemies. I thought bitterly biting at the end of my pen trying my hardest to concentrate on my lecture. My grades were slipping slightly because I hadn't been very focused. Unable to concentrate, not only because I was worried about Rayner but because I was frustrated. Sexually. I also felt very anxious the bad vibes I'd felt at school still lingered.

School didn't feel safe anymore. I constantly had the feeling of being watched here. Even in my classes. I started paying closer attention to the people around me than what was on the board and it made no sense for me to feel this way. There were never the same people in all my classes. A few students were in two or more of my classes but not in every one so I didn't understand why I felt the way I did.

I started making more friends and getting more into social groups because of the feeling but also because I was getting lonely from never seeing Rayner. He'd been a part of Eliza's protective security for nearly a month now and I missed being able to be with him whenever I pleased. I didn't really know when we would get a chance to get together but I was hoping soon because I was losing my mind having only a dog to talk to. I had even considered getting him serviced so I could take him places but then I figured that was a little too crazy dog lady.

Tonight I was invited to my first college party that a friend I'd met in one of the clubs I'd joined told me about. She begged for me to come but I hadn't decided whether I should go or not. I was still feeling really paranoid lately and wasn't sure if the large proximity of people would trigger a panic attack. I was overdue for one and I knew that with my PTSD it was only a matter of time before something sent me over the edge.

I called Rayner already knowing he was probably busy with Miss Priss doing who knows what. Probably following her around while she shopped. It pissed me off so badly that he use to do this for me and now I felt like he had replaced me in a sense. Even if that was a ridiculous thought. When you miss someone and they're spending their time with someone else it's hard not to let the jealousy creep up on you.

"Hey Tori how's it going?" He sounded stressed which was unusual for him. He was always normally positive sounding no matter what kind of mood he was in. "Everything alright?" I asked getting in to my car locking the doors and starting the air. He was silent on his end for a long time. So long I had to check and make sure he hadn't hung up.

"Not really... I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. Things have been crazy and I hate this assignment so much." He finally admitted making my heart hurt. He was not enjoying this as much as I wasn't. "How's your day?" He asked obviously wanting to start a new conversation that didn't have to do with his assignment. I considered telling him how I was feeling lately but I didn't want to give him another reason to worry.

"Great. I'm actually going to go let Kato out then my friend invited me to a party. I was gonna ask if you wanted to go." He sighed and I could imagine him running a hand through his hair. "I'd love to Tori. I can't go though." Tonight was suppose to be his night off. He rarely actually got the night off anymore. Just as I was about to blow up he explained. "I want to see you tonight though. I hate asking you to miss out on anything though. I miss you like crazy and I want you to myself." I almost laughed out loud at the thought of choosing a party over him.