(36) Cliffside

Hours of staring at the ceiling later I had dozed off in the dim florescent lighting. Waking when I felt someone's presence. I screamed seeing it was Riley hovering over me with a grin on his face. "Hey there sleeping beauty you alive?" I cowered in the corner of the bed on the mattress my baggy t-shirt riding up when I held myself in my arms. "Listen," He swallowed, "I really wish things didn't have to be this way. I'm sure you understand right?" I watched him uneasily waiting for him to strike. "You see, I have this thing that I've been looking for and I just can't seem to find it anywhere." He grinned shallowly, "Think you might know where it is Tor?" I didn't answer not so sure he was talking about the money now.

"What are you talking about Riley?" I whispered my voice was barely working, but I made sure to say who was in the room with me for the police who were hopefully listening. He looked totally strung out, "The money. I know you have that money or at least know who does." I shook my head slowly, "Listen Riley, I don't have that money. I only have what I inherited, if you want that I can arrange for it. Please just let me go." I pleaded hoping he wouldn't lash out. He laughed hysterically and way longer than necessary, "Tori, do you know what happens when you steal money from powerful people?" He leaned closer slowly, "I didn't," I shook my head, "They didn't." He kept inching closer shushing me, "If only I believed that." He stroked a strand of my hair leaning his greasy forehead against mine. "Riley, I think Ramona took the money..." My voice was so low I wasn't sure he'd heard me. I immediately regretted outing her unsure of what it would mean.

"Ramona?" His eyes narrowed and he pulled his head back a bit to think looking caught off guard by my revelation. "Let's go talk to my father, I think he'll be interested to hear this." He grabbed my arm and I yelped when his fingers dug into my muscle painfully. "Where are we Riley?" I pushed hoping maybe I could help them find me better. GPS was only so helpful. He jerked me forward into the hall with bare feet not answering me. The floor was concrete that bit into my skin, "I really need to use the bathroom." I told him feeling the pain in my bladder knowing I really would wet myself if I didn't go. I also needed a minute to tell them I needed the fuck out. I was done, I was too scared.

"Are you serious?" He hissed dragging me to a small dingy bathroom that only had a toilet and a sink. "Hurry." He cracked the door but stepped out. I peed quickly feeling embarrassed that I didn't know who was hearing me. I fiddled with the dog tag pulling it partially out once I'd finished, "Get me out of here I can't." I whispered. "What?" Riley asked and I quickly shoved the dog tag back in my pocket and flushed. "I said I'm done." I lied and he opened the door jerking me forward. "Let's go." He was seemingly cracking under the pressure something about him was off now. He seemed unhinged, but also too afraid to do anything about it.

A few men lined the winding hall and lower basement that led to a clearing where there were six girls behind fencing in lingerie. They appeared to be packaging drugs in masks and gloves. Riley pulled me along by my sleeve almost as if to motion I mind my own business. I noticed the men guarding the girls were all heavily armed with large guns. He led me passed the girls and up a narrow staircase that opened up into a large dark building with pool tables and more scary men with guns who sneered at me curiously. "Riley please, let me go." He scoffed not responding jerking me along to the back of the bar area. He took me behind the counter and into an office with a couch. "Sit." He told me, "They're getting Ramona." I worried the police had maybe found her first and this wouldn't work out. "They already have Ramona." A deep voice corrected from behind a large expensive wooden desk. My throat closed seeing who I assumed was Riley's father. "Tori, you are a difficult girl to get ahold of." He was smoking a cigarette, sipping on a strong drink, and looked exactly how I expected him to. He wore an expensive suit and jewelry, his hair was greased perfectly on top of his head, and he looked very put together.