(2) Sabotage

I'd appreciate it very much if you vote, comment, and follow!

__________________

The last place I wanted to be was at this party. Parties only reminded me of one person, Jackson. I still was unsure of his whereabouts, or why he even went missing in the first place, but I did know he was alive which only calmed my nerves slightly. There were still so many unanswered questions that had to deal with my parents' case, but it was technically "closed" so I would probably never know everything I wanted to.

I shuffled through the crowded space trying to find Rayner. He'd somehow been abducted by Eliza, real shocker. I was kind of freaking out on the inside even though I knew I was being too dramatic. I trusted him in the long run and I'm sure he was probably just as worried about where I was. I thought the worst remembering the way he'd had that blonde girl pinned against the wall the last time we'd gone to something like this. I shook the thoughts away and kept looking.

There were all kinds of people in this room, and I swore I had just seen Elle Goulding, but I could have been hallucinating. A part of me wanted to find Rayner and get the hell out, and another wanted to ask for everyone's autograph and double check with the door man to see if Elle Goulding was on the list. I knew which I actually needed to do, but when I saw Rayner relaxing on a couch with Eliza and some of her friends with a beer in his hand I was sort of in shock.

He hadn't once wondered where I'd gone? The selfish and more jealous part of me was furious and wanted to make a scene, but I knew something that would be much more rewarding. I would just leave. Without him, and without telling him. We'd finally gotten to a happy place, and then he pulls a stunt like this. If I didn't know any better it's almost like he'd planned to ditch me in the first place.

I huffed and turned on my heel quickly nearly toppling over and falling onto one of the many shirtless beach gods they'd hired as waiters. "Sorry." I mumbled brushing past the muscular man covered in baby oil who probably spent more time in the gym in one day than I had my whole life. Skinny gene blessing, without it I'd be the size of my great aunt.

I was just about to leave when a stocky man grabbed my arm and started tugging me toward the exit. "What the hell? Let me go!" I shouted trying to rip free of him. He grumbled a reply that I couldn't comprehend. "Excuse me?" I questioned sarcastically as if I were actually interested in what he had to tell me.

"You're out." I furrowed my brows together still trying to pry his iron grasp away from my petite wrist that he could probably break without even really having to try. He was ten times stronger than me and my struggling was all in vain.

"What are you talking about?! I was leaving on my own before you grabbed me!" I shouted digging my heels into the ground desperately trying to plant my feet into it so he'd be forced to let go, but he didn't even slow down.

"Eliza says you have to go. Sorry kid, it's nothing personal I am just following orders." Of course she ordered to kick me out! This was all a distraction so she could get Rayner and me apart. She was better than I thought. Shit. I didn't even see this coming.

I gave up fighting letting the ten foot tall giant throw me out and leave me on the side of the booming building. I cursed this whole night under my breath as I clicked my heels down the side walk to the front of the building so I could get a cab. It was still only nine so hopefully I would get lucky and score one quickly. I hated being alone outside at night it triggered my anxiety. 

We had come in Rayner's car and I didn't have the keys. All I had was my small clutch purse that contained my phone, house key, cash, and a few items of makeup. I had just enough money on me to hitch a ride home and my phone was already ringing off the hook with Rayner's ID. I let him suffer for a little longer before finally picking up knowing he'd be freaking out if I didn't. "Hello?" I answered with a bored expression.