Chapter 21

Peeta POV

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥

" Peeta, Do you love me? " Katniss askes.

I say the truth.

"Yes. I do." I pause. "Why?" I ask her.

" Because.. I think that I like you, too."  She says softly.

I smile. I pull her into a bug, which slowly turns into a kiss. I get the same spark as I got in the cave and on the beach. Katniss loves me! I feel so happy. She feels the same way about me as I do about her! Gale won't be Happy. Speak of the Devil......

"Hey Catnip-" Gale starts, but stops as soon as he sees me... And katniss. I red tint appears on his face.

"You!" He held. Gale comes toward me. Katniss stands up and puts herself in front of me.

"Gale.Stop." Katniss says with force in her voice.

"You...and him!" Gale rants. Haymitch comes running in.

"What the hell is going on in here!" Haymitch shouts." Katniss. Sit down." Haymitch says.

"Him. And her." Gale says. The look of anger disappears from his face, a look of sadness replaces it.

Katniss slowly sits down on the bed, she starts to look exhausted.

"Katniss,what's wrong?" I ask her. I sit down beside her.

"Nothing. Just a ...pounding....headache" she replys.

She puts her head in her hands.

"Right you two. Here. Now" haymitch says. I say goodbye to Katniss, and follow Haymitch down the halls. When we get to the control room, Haymitch opens the door. We follow him in.

"Right. Gale. Katniss can be with who ever she wants to be with.Just remember who she went through the games with. You can't control her. And if Peeta is who she wants to be with, Then you'll have to get over it." Haymitch sighs.

Gale storms off, slamming the door behind him. Haymitch raises his eyebrows.

"What?" I ask him.

" so. Is it true? You know, I always new that this would happen. That eventually she would fall in love with you. You could see it in her eyes everytime she saw you.They always Sparkled. And when you volunteered to go to the Quarter Quell, She begged me to make sure that you would get home safe and sound." Haymitch says. I smile and go back to Katniss.  She is sound asleep. That's when I hear it. President Coin calling through the loud speakers.

Telling all the victors to go down to the bomb shelter. Haymitch,Finnick,Annie,Beetee and Johanna  barge into the small hospital room.

Katniss awakes with a jump when she sees everyone standing around her bed. I tell her to follow me. She does as she's told. Coin keeps speaking.

"President snow is sending Peacekeepers to come here and look for you." Katniss freezes. She doesn't move. I pick her up and caryy her to the stairs. Once we get there, katniss hops down, and basically jumps two stairs at a time. Finnick clutches Annie's hand as they speed down the stairs.When we get to the Bottom,we get taken to a room off to the side. We get locked in. There are food baskets, blankets and all the things that we need. I lean against the wall with Katniss leaning against me, myarms wrapped around her. She was stroking my hand but she freezes.

"Prim!" She turns so that she is looking at me.

"Shhhh. She will be fine." I soothe her.

"No.no. She won't be." She shivers.

I pull the blanket off the closet bed and wrap it around her.

"Yes. She will be. Remember what Johanna said in the Quell." I murmer to her. Katniss is still shaking.

"When I was in the c-capitol in realized something. It all makes sense.The bird,the pin, the song, the berries , the watch, the dress that burst into flames. The cracker. Peeta. I figured out what they all mean.
I am the Mockingjay.

The one that survived,despite the capitols plans. The Symbol of rebellion." Katniss says.

"We know." Haymitch says. He hands Katniss a black leather folder. She opens it slowly.

"Cinna wanted you to have this when you figured it out for yourself." Haymitch adds. Katniss let's a tear drop.

"Cinna." She whispers.

She opens the clasp. inside are designs. On the very last page, Cinna has written,'I'm still bettin on you, girl on fire.'