chapter 29

Peeta POV
♥°♥°♥°♥
I don't sleep. Its like sleep is right in front of me, but I can't reach it. All I can think about is Katniss. Her chocolate brown hair, in a single braid over her shoulder. The dandelion in the spring.
"Mr Mellark, Come on. We Need to get you ready for tonight." A Peacekeeper says. He unlocks the cell and walks me down the hall. The floor is Sparkling. Cleaned to perfection.
He turns a corner, and walks me into a room. The same white tiles cover the floor.
When I look up, I gasp. There is a couch, and a full on living quarters. President Snow is sitting at one end of a big, long table, and I end up sitting at the other end. The table is full of beautifully iced cakes and desserts. Usually, I would examine each one,  and see the delicate gestures of the hands that has gone into making them. But  can only stare at my feet.
"Ahhhh. Mr mellark. Now, are you going to cooperate with me?" Snow says, even though he  knows that I will. He will force me too. I nod.
"Tonight Mr Mellark, you will be going for an interview with Caesar Flickerman, and you had better do a better job than Miss Everdeen." He says, his voice getting louder and louder. Just the mention of her name, makes my heart skip a beat.
"I... Will...do...everything you...ask...if you Leave Katniss alone." I say, finally looking at him. He has a white rose In the pocket of his jacket.
"Anything?" Snow asks.
I sigh."Anything."
"Right then Mr Mellark, you WILL go out there tonight, and you will make them be on our side. Make them want a ceasefire. Make them stop. Do anything. Talk about the quell. And of you really want to 'protect' Miss Everdeen, then you will talk about her. That she never knew that what she was doing would disrupt Everything. "He says, a smirk on his face.
"I will." I say to him.
"Good." He says, and the peacekeeper comes and takes me away.
They dress me in a shirts suit, and I wait for the interview to start.